Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downhill Mountain Boarding Dublin

Options
  • 10-03-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I've been dragging my mountain board round Dublin for the last few months, i've found a few short runs around where i live which were great to learn how to control the board, different surfaces and the wide variety of injuries that can be sustained from different types of falls.

We then went looking for some steeper / longer hills, mainly looking for open grass, we found kingstown estate, sandyford, nice long hill, open and easy to put ramps on.

3 rock, this is much more suited to mountainbikers or those who like to get very close to trees at high speed with no brakes. there are some good runs, but its a bit ballsyier than i'd like. The dirt and gravel trails are generally a bad shape for a mountain board forcing the board to the left or right of ceter the whole time.

Hellfire, Suicide. We ran the full steep downhill section (straight line from top to car park). It was in the snow and ice. It hurt. Lots. Great fun, but without the ice the long sides after you lose the board would be a lot worse, not an appealing prospect.

The ideal kind of hill we're looking for is long and open, short grass. Will be headed up to Surfin dirt when ir reopens next month but till then i'm still lookign for somewhere new.

I cant find a downhill scene in Dublin/wicklow, if there is one i'd love to head along.

(I do also have kites, but am puttig off learning to use them for a bit)

Anyone have anywhere else to make runs?

Advertisement