Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do if.........

• 10-03-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the zombie thread, that show survivors, the film I am Ledgend and my sheer boredom here in work today.

Lets say you goto bed tonight and woke up and your the only in the city/country due to a Virus/mass immigration/magic.

What would you do?

I've always been wanted to play long distance bowling down patrick street say from the guards baccacks down to H Sammuel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

simple, pop down to the motor mile, pick up a few juicey motors and go for a spin.... a very very very fast spin around town....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Two things I always wanted to do as a destructive-minded kid...

Get a seriously good hi-fi system and plug it in at the bottom of Browns Rd. Put 'Where The Streets Have No Name' (long intro) on at full volume, jump into the car and race up to the top of Browns Rd (there were no silly roundabouts back then) and see if I could hear it...

Also, in my parent's front garden, put down the tee and golfball and let rip with the driver down the road. Would it clear the houses or go through a window? Who cares!

Now, my perspective has changed. I want to discover Longshanks petrol-bomb factory and help myself. With no-one around, I could have some fun destroying John Roberts Sq (or improving it).

Of course, in my version of this post, all the hottest females in town would've been immune to the virus, and I, as the only surviving male, would be on hand to......drive the bitches up to Kilkenny or Wexford so they could get themselves a guy. Christ...am I that ugly???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Oh I would love to tee off from the Ardree,

Would you clear the river? Hell we don't need a virus to try it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ziedth wrote: »

I wouldn't even reach the river...more than likely I'd slice it all the way to Portlaw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'd take over the cop shop and build it into my own personal fortress:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ransack every jeweller in town, grab as many diamonds I could fit in a bag (to sell abroad), rob at least 1 bank to stock up on cash and then get the hell out of here as fast as my new stolen boat will take me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd somehow find a few kilos of high explosive and enjoy the sound of breaking glass on the motor mile! Having had the pick of the cars for a quick spin of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Set the bridge open at increasing distances and try ramp the cars I "borrowed" from the motor mile showrooms across it - Proper action movie style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

c - 13 wrote: »
    Set the bridge open at increasing distances and try ramp the cars I "borrowed" from the motor mile showrooms across it - Proper action movie style.
    ha ha class thinking. I would just go to the pub and cry because there be nobody there to serve me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

First, I'd get a truck and go to Ardkeen. I'd load up the truck with food, alcohol and DVD's and books. Then, I'd head for Waterford Castle, keep the ferry on the island side, and just hang out....

bliss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

gscully wrote: »
    Christ...am I that ugly???
    Well I didnt wanna say anything but.......:pac:

Actually I cant say anything myself:(
    ziedth wrote: »

Done off the hill already. Got to the river:D
    Off the building who knows. My drives tend to go right a little though

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WMT

c - 13 wrote: »

Or Just set the bridge fully open and stop all the kilkenny people coming across it, (only Joking):P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

run naked through the town....

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I'd probably head off to Cork...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i'd get one of those massive jim kehoe extendable cranes (the ones you drive, not the static ones) that are out on the industrial estate. i'd pick up a digger with it and drive around swinging the digger into buildings. i'd bring lots of petrol bombs and a trusty old zippo lighter and burn stuff. i'd be drinking lots of 20 year vintage whiskey while doing this. i'd have to make a stop in the sex shop for one of those fake vibrating vagina things and lube, for eh... stress relief.
    anywho when i get to ballybricken i'd somehow take one of the tyres off the crane. i'd put meself in it and roll down patrick street and see if i could get enough speed to smash my way through city square in the wheel. then i'd burn that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

longshanks wrote: »
    anywho when i get to ballybricken i'd somehow take one of the tyres off the crane. i'd put meself in it and roll down patrick street and see if i could get enough speed to smash my way through city square in the wheel.

Thats inspired, to hell with bowling :D

Advertisement