Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nagios sounds

Options
  • 10-03-2009 1:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to turn off the alert noises that keep sounding on Nagios? Its incredibly annoying.
    On my previous computer someone did it for me when I started. We just got new vista PCs and nobody knows how to turn the sounds off. The guy who showed me has since quit.

Thanks,
    TL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

This should be configurable in the cgi.cfg file. Mine is located in
    /usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg

Comment out the following:
    #host_unreachable_sound=hostdown.wav
    #host_down_sound=hostdown.wav
    #service_critical_sound=critical.wav
    #service_warning_sound=warning.wav
    #service_unknown_sound=warning.wav
    #normal_sound=noproblem.wav

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

mmmm thanks dingatron. the only thing is I don't have privilages to get in and do that. I need to find the nagios folder to that which is in the admin folder in work I'd say which is password protected. I thought there might have been a way to bring up the processes running and just cancelling out the sound for nagios process. or else setting up the application so that the sound can only be played through real player and just leave real player closed. I can't get around it though.

cheers anyway

Advertisement