Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2009

• 10-03-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Ahoy,

Myself and a few chums are considering going to Download this year. Frankly it's mainly to see The Crue but other than that the lineup isn't hectic. Faith No More and Def Leppard headlining?? Buckcherry well down the list. Are there are any other major names sexpected to be announced to the bill for the weekend?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

There is a Download thread in Gigs & Events.

Depends on your definition of "major" and if you only like the Crue from the current line up then I'd say no, no "major" acts.

Who would you like to see announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Cheers pal.

I'd love to see bands like Beautiful Creatures, Danko Jones, The Answer. They would be great down the order. The headliners aren't great in my opinion. There's no name in the Maiden, ACDC, Gn'R, Metallica mould. I know the Leppard have a serious English following buy they are awful. Very boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Sunset V wrote: »
    Ahoy,

Myself and a few chums are considering going to Download this year. Frankly it's mainly to see The Crue but other than that the lineup isn't hectic. Faith No More and Def Leppard headlining?? Buckcherry well down the list. Are there are any other major names sexpected to be announced to the bill for the weekend?

Cheers!

Are you kidding me!! That is one of the best lineup's I've seen!! http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

Some of these have been my favorite bands since I first got into rock many a year ago :D I might go this year again, last year wasn't the greatest lineup, but still had such a mad drunken 5 days! couldn't really talk for a week or so after :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im surprised to see theres no metallica :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Im surprised to see theres no metallica :eek:

Metallica are playing here in august with a few other bands... If I seen them at download... I wouldn't go see them here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ah I see,faith no more should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

korn are playing aswell. seen them in dublin a few yrs bk great live. was think of heading over aswell not many bands i would want to go see only korn maybe faith no more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

It's the best line up ever!

I've seen Metallica 3 times so not bothered about them this summer, saw NIN too. Actually, I've seen most of the Download line up before but it's still my dream concert. I'm dying to go!!

KoRn
    Slipknot
    FNM
    Down
    Marilyn Manson
    Lacuna Coil
    Chris Cornell
    The Prodigy

*drool* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Faith No More, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Loaded, Limp Bizkit....

I'll be there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would love to head over but there will be serious clashes since Motley Crue will clash with FNM and Slipknot and The Prodigy. Shinedown is playing which nearly has me sold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Static-X woo!

Yeah, not happy about the Motley Crue/FNM, Prodigy/Slipknot clashes. Probably gonna miss DevilDriver too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

id only want to go and see korn staind lacuna coil and cornell zztop maybe duffs band aswell if i was to go. not that into slipknot seen them b4 support metallica and they were ok live still seems like a good line up is it sold out yet ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

villains77 wrote: »
    id only want to go and see korn staind lacuna coil and cornell zztop maybe duffs band aswell if i was to go. not that into slipknot seen them b4 support metallica and they were ok live still seems like a good line up is it sold out yet ???

Dont tink its sold out yet. The bands i wanna see so far:
    FNM
    Limp Bizkit
    Motley Crue
    Whitesnake
    Def Leppard
    Journey
    Black Stone Cherry
    PaPa Roach
    Buckcherry
    SHINEDOWN :)
    Fightstar
    Slipknot or Prodigy
    Pendulum
    zz top
    KSE
    Staind
    The Answer
    Sevendust
    Stone Gods
    5 Finger Death Punch

Which looking at it , its nearly the whole line up so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I really don't know how anyone can bitch about that lineup when there's pretty much something for everyone on it.

Wedding this year, so it's a no go for me.

Ok maybe it's not a full on bitch Shawn but I'm not happy with the headlining acts. Leppard are lame! So my chums and I have decided to ditch the camper van idea to Download idea and we're taking the same camper van to Cologne to see Crue, Backyard Babies and Loaded. That's an awesome line up.

The Answer is a nice touch for Download, they'll rock the place. Saw them in the Button Factory a couple of years back playing to a small crowd, they were amazing. Delighted they'll be at Download.

Ok maybe it's not a full on bitch Shawn but I'm not happy with the headlining acts. Leppard are lame! So my chums and I have decided to ditch the camper van idea to Download idea and we're taking the same camper van to Cologne to see Crue, Backyard Babies and Loaded. That's an awesome line up.

The Answer is a nice touch for Download, they'll rock the place. Saw them in the Button Factory a couple of years back playing to a small crowd, they were amazing. Delighted they'll be at Download.

"Leppard are Lame"? How old are you, seriously?
    Alright, granted they're not to everyone's taste but even after Leppard there are still a lot of decent acts on that card. And you're going on a road trip and one of the primary acts on your priority list are Backyard Babies?

I like both, but i'd take Leppard over them on a live scale any day of the week. Especially after Songs From The Sparkle Lounge which was a damn good album that was long overdue.

ZZ Top are another damn good reason to go, just to experience a live performance of "La Grange" :)

And if you've never seen Faith No More live, you haven't lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭dasdog

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    ZZ Top are another damn good reason to go, just to experience a live performance of "La Grange" :)

Indeed. One of my brothers friends is having his stag party at this and there's a bunch of them heading over (they'll bring the average age up anyway lol). I've never seen ZZ Top live but they are one of those great bands and I am pretty fecking jealous.

Alright, granted they're not to everyone's taste but even after Leppard there are still a lot of decent acts on that card. And you're going on a road trip and one of the primary acts on your priority list are Backyard Babies?

I like both, but i'd take Leppard over them on a live scale any day of the week. Especially after Songs From The Sparkle Lounge which was a damn good album that was long overdue.

And if you've never seen Faith No More live, you haven't lived.

22 if you must ask, and you? I've seen Leppard thrice and the Babies twice and much prefered the Babies to be honest, maybe that just my fascination with all things Swedish!!

Didn't like that album at all but each to their own I guess. People Like and Stockholm Syndrome are both cracking album in my opinion.

Yeah actually you're right mate, a live experience of La Grange would pretty fooking amazing but it's very expensive just for that.

In the heel of the hunt I suppose I just saying, for my tastes I'm not overly happy with what Download has thrown my way.

Again, each to their own.

22 if you must ask, and you? I've seen Leppard thrice and the Babies twice and much prefered the Babies to be honest, maybe that just my fascination with all things Swedish!!

Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, so apologies if you took it up that way. Me, I'm a world weary 33. Seen both acts live, but given the age difference (I was 11 when Hysteria was released), I can see where the opinions can clash, and why.
    Didn't like that album at all but each to their own I guess. People Like and Stockholm Syndrome are both cracking album in my opinion.

I'll agree with People like people like people like us, but not Stockholm Syndrome. I couldn't warm to that album at all. One track album in Minus Celsius and that was about it. Just sounded like all filler, no killer.
    Yeah actually you're right mate, a live experience of La Grange would pretty fooking amazing but it's very expensive just for that.

Yeah but it would be worth every red cent just to hear "AH-HOW HOW HOW HOOOOOOWWWWW!" live :)
    In the heel of the hunt I suppose I just saying, for my tastes I'm not overly happy with what Download has thrown my way.

Again, each to their own.

Well thats it, I just felt that it had something for everyone. But then, i'm an old fart (and proud of it) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Whats the price of the tickets for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I like both, but i'd take Leppard over them on a live scale any day of the week. Especially after Songs From The Sparkle Lounge which was a damn good album that was long overdue..

exactly, Leppard are actually a great band at the end of the day...with one of the most inspirational people on the planet in the form of rick allen!

exactly, Leppard are actually a great band at the end of the day...with one of the most inspirational people on the planet in the form of rick allen!

Well to his credit, he is forming his opinion on what he's thought of them as a live act. And that's only fair too, given the amount of people that don't bother.

(A trait that sometimes i'm even guilty of)

Advertisement