Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dump in Kill

Options
  • 10-03-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Just wondering I know there is a dump in Kill and I have been told that in the summer you can get the smell all over so you can't hang your washing out on the line.

Anyone from Kill know anything about this?

I reason I am asking is because I am looking into buying a property in the area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I don't know how it affects residents who live there, but you can certainly smell it from the N7 from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

My Honest reply is don't. Naas north is five mins away and has a way more going for it in every way. Apart from that the smell is terrible, seems to be mainly on still morning during the summer as this winter wasn't too bad but nearly every morning i could smell in on the N7 to Dublin at 6.30am last summer. Apparently there are some Methane pump that they only run part time instead of 24/7 which i believe would solve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

dollydrops wrote: »
    Just wondering I know there is a dump in Kill and I have been told that in the summer you can get the smell all over so you can't hang your washing out on the line.

I reason I am asking is because I am looking into buying a property in the area.

Thanks

I have only ever noticed it on still, frosty mornings/nights. And have never, ever smelt it off my clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

Hopalong are you advising me not to buy in Kill?

Do you live there?
    What would be your reasons for not buying in Kill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

I'm suppose i am, i grew up locally and it is a very clanish small town as say Rathcoole and Johnstown. It depends on how much of a killer the smell would be for you, i agree you wouldn't get it on your clothes but it depends on how fond of the smell of methane you are... Naas is not completly unaffected by the smell either, up near Punchestown the smell can also be gotten with the right weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I'm suppose i am, i grew up locally and it is a very clanish small town as say Rathcoole and Johnstown.

Careful now. The Sallins gang nearly crucified me on another thread for similar remarks.:D

On certain days you can smell the dump in Naas North. As said earlier, its very noticeable along the N7 for a good mile or so and in the village of Kill when the weather conditions are a particular way. Its an awful stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I must be desensitised to it so. Having lived in Kill for about 15 years I can't say that it's a big deal having it there. As I said before the only time I have ever noticed it is on frosty mornings/nights and even then it's just an annoyance rather than an awful stink. Even after the uproar when it was being built and opened it must have been weeks or months before I noticed it.

I'd rather that it not be there, but I would never move out because of it. Even more so now that the back roads were resurfaced so no trucks have to come through the village to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

In Kill 3 years and twice got smell of the dump. On cold frosty nights like the other poster. Kill is a great place to live. Not at all clanish, very quiet and respectable. Not exactly a party town, but good area and enough to do to keep busy.

Thats a load of nonsense about not being able to hang out clothes on the line. Someone is telling you porkies somewhere along the line. Drive down to Kill yourself for an afternoon. We dont all have to walk around with pegs on our nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Why settle for less? Go for somewhere that is clean and you see a future.
    dollydrops wrote: »

Thanks

Advertisement