Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does An Post bother trying to deliver packages anymore?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I was in the house earlier and heard some post being dropped in the door. I went over and one of the items I received was a docket to say that there had been an attempt to deliver a parcel to me and that I could collect it from the local An Post depot. The postman hadn't rang the door bell or anything, and my car is outside so its not as if it looks like nobodys home. And the docket said that the parcel could be collected any time today - so obviously the postman doesn't have it with him.

So I went to the collections office a while later, collected the package and said to the guy behind the counter that I had been at home and there was no attempt to deliver the package. He came out with the excuse that the postman must have had tried to deliver yesterday but that he had none of the dockets with him yesterday so dropped in in today instead - total nonsense because I was around yesterday too when th post was delivered.

This has happened a number of times before too.

Does An Post not even try to deliver parcels anymore, but just drop the 'attempted delivery' docket in the door??

Thats a bit of a disgrace as I pay for postage on these items when buying stuff on the web.

When I was working from home, this EXACT same thing used to happen to me! Granted, I do live in an apartment building, but while working from home if I was expecting a delivery, I'd instead be met with that damn docket when I checked the post. The postman didn't even bother to buzz my apartment. This was a huge inconvenience cause I would then have to make time during my day to go out and collect the flipping thing despite paying postage to have it DELIVERED to me! :mad: In my opinion, the postmen are just being lazy, and don't even bother bringing the packages on their route - despite that being part of their job!

Advertisement