Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having bands in the Kevin St. Snackery...

Options
  • 10-03-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

Opinions?

EDIT: I swear to God, the E was a typo. I'm edumacated, me.

Do you enjoy having bands in the Snackery? 20 votes

No, Jesus, no. I'll have my lunch on the road, please.
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, you joyless freaks. Woo bands.
    75% 15 votes
    I don't really care, I haven't got any ears.
    25% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

one word:

awful.

i wish i had no ears from 1-2pm in kevin street. what is even worse is the band they had today were doing awful covers of awful songs and that give the SU people that are in the snackery awful ideas that they can sing like kings of leon. :mad:

last thing i need to hear when writing an assignment is someone butchering the rubbish "use somebody" song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, I can hear them playing now. I'm not a complex girl.

Poor old Kings of Leon always get a mauling. And I'm not a huge KoL fan to start with, but argh. They're actually better than most bands I've heard playing here but really, it wouldn't matter if it was The Beatles Ft. Elvis Presley playing up there, it would still suck. It's just not the right time or place.

I appreciate the attempt to drum up a bit of buzz, but it has the opposite effect, really. Everybody has to stop talking or leave, I just don't think you can really enjoy a band in that setting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Don't like it either... Not everyone has the same tastes in music and it just seems like a excuse to try and show "something" is being done for RAG week,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's not a RAG week thing, it been happening throughout this semester though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I think if haircuts are needed they should be mandatory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

Bands are usually crap and too loud I wanna talk to my friends when i'm in the snackery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

they should do more waxing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GhostfaceKillah

At least they make the effort, but yeah its hardly entertaining. Especially when there's work to be done

Advertisement