Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with perlico

Options
  • 10-03-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi can someone out there offer me a helping hand, i have a new laptop and am with perlico broadband. everything is great except i keep getting cut off every 20-30 mins, its bloody annoying. i rang several times and they changed my channels and even sent me a new modem, but nothing has worked. so has anyone any advice ....please help before i pull all my hair out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

hi can someone out there offer me a helping hand, i have a new laptop and am with perlico broadband. everything is great except i keep getting cut off every 20-30 mins, its bloody annoying. i rang several times and they changed my channels and even sent me a new modem, but nothing has worked. so has anyone any advice ....please help before i pull all my hair out
    Move your cordless phone away from the wireless router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

i dont have a cordless phone only an ordinary one, would that be the problem. it is right beside the router

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

First off is wireless disconnecting or is your ADSL connection dropping?

If its your ADSL then look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54381143&postcount=6

If its your wireless its really nothing to do with Perlico and is likely something in your home causing interference.

I suggest you connect via ethernet and if its still dropping then its your ADSL dropping so you should follow this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54381143&postcount=6 and if that doesn't work Perlico may need to raise a fault ticket

i am really useless at all this. ok first i will move my phone and see if that is the problem , if not connect using the yellow cable and if that is ok follow the directions u sent me. thank you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

i am really useless at all this. ok first i will move my phone and see if that is the problem , if not connect using the yellow cable and if that is ok follow the directions u sent me. thank you

If your phone is not a cordless one then it is not part of the problem. Are there any other wireless gizmos in your house such as wireless senders? Even those wireless anti pest plug ins can interfere with a wireless signal.

• Advertisement

no there is nothing else. i moved the phone and i still got cut off so that isnt the problem. perclico moved me from a channel 1 to channel 6, i wonder if i moved it any higher would that do the trick. i will try it with the yellow cable as well now to see if its any different with that connected.

dub45 wrote: »
    If your phone is not a cordless one then it is not part of the problem. Are there any other wireless gizmos in your house such as wireless senders? Even those wireless anti pest plug ins can interfere with a wireless signal.

Advertisement