Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 99 in Germany June 13th

Options
  • 10-03-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just wondering are many people from here going to this. Rumoured card is below:

UFC 99: JUNE 13, 2009
    venue: Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany

-Wanderlei Silva (#9 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rich Franklin
    -Mike Swick (#10 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Ben Saunders
    -Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno
    -Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
    -Alan Belcher vs. Alessio Sakara
    -Mustapha Al-Turk vs. Todd Duffee
    -Paul Taylor vs. Peter Sobotta
    -Stefan Struve vs. Denis Stojnic
    -Terry Etim vs. Justin Buchholz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Wasn't Penn and Florian supposed to be the headliner for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Wasn't Penn and Florian supposed to be the headliner for this?

It was, but BJ wants to take some time off and spend it with his familay.

I was going to go but I can't get a flight out the Fri. and back the Sun. Other then that I would have to stay a week in Germany but I'm going to UFC 100 and just don't have the money for a week in Germany, I have my tickets bought for UFC 99 and now I can't go :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

What do the asterix'(sp?) beside Silva and Swick mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Not exactly jumping around with excitement on 1st impressions of that card:( (looks more Cage Rage than Ufc to me) but hey, you never know.
    Is the card likely to change?

Not exactly jumping around with excitement on 1st impressions of that card:( (looks more Cage Rage than Ufc to me) but hey, you never know.
    Is the card likely to change?

Don't think the card will change, I think it's a great card, I thought it would be s**t as UFC 100 will be there next event (after UFC 99 that is) so I thought UFC 99 would be like a fight night card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Reckon I'll make this one. Would like to see Wand while he still has a decent chance of winning a fight. Also Davis V Hardy should be interesting.

What's the story with this "Irish Carbomb" chap:eek:Surely that name has to be a wind up:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Woohoo..Denis Stojnic is fighting..He took a battering in his last match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

I'm Going. :)

For cheap flights, fly to dusseldorf with aer lingus and get the train down.

less that 100 euros return for flights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://www.mirko-crocop.com/?id=4&solo=102
    He is apparently fighting Al-Turk replacing Todd Duffee. I would take this with a pinch of salt for now.

Quote:
    PRESS RELEASE: Cro Cop Back In UFC

These days the boys from Cro Cop team are training in full force. After a long break and highly demanding recovery process, Mirko Cro Cop is ready to fight in MMA again.

All problems with injuries are history and Cro Cop is very optimistic to start another chapter in his career:
    �I feel great, the recovery process is going well and we train at high intensity now. I never had such a strong desire to prove myself and I'll climb up again, or die trying.�

Mirko's next fight is set for June 13th in Germany, which means that he's back in the UFC, a place that he didn't have his best moments:
    �I decided to fight in the UFC again, because of the stronger competition in the heavyweight division. My next opponent will be Mustapha Al-Turk. I didn't do well in my first three appearances - I wasn't myself. By returning to the cage I want to prove that I can still fight at highest level, no matter when or where., claims Cro Cop.

UFC 99 will be Cro Cop's first fight this year with the possibility of three fights coming by years end.
    �It's hard to talk about concrete plans, but I would really like to fight at least three times this year. I wish to fight against quality opponents and to fight my way up to a title shot but for now, I'll focus only on my next fight and after that we'll see what's going to be on the menu next�, says Cro Cop.
    Although the UFC 99 card looks stacked, it seems that the UFC officials can see the benefits of hiring a top European fighter for their first ever UFC show in Germany.

�I want to say thank you Mr. Dana White for your interest and for an invitation back to the UFC. I owe you a lot from our first deal, and I'll make it up to you.�, promises Cro Cop.

All news related to Mirko Cro Cop's career are posted on Mirko's official MMA-ID profile on http://www.mma-id.com/CROCOP and Mirko's official homepage http://www.mirko-crocop.com.

Yours truly,
    The CROCOP Team

*Rubs eyes*

This card is really shaping up...Would LOVE to see Cro Cop in the flesh, although this fight seems a little too close to his surgery for my liking...A defeat to Al Turk and it really is a long road back for Mirko.

Can anyone suggest a reliable website to buy tickets for this?...some of the ones I've been browsing look dodgy as hell.

• Advertisement

Maynard wrote: »
    This card is really shaping up...Would LOVE to see Cro Cop in the flesh, although this fight seems a little too close to his surgery for my liking...A defeat to Al Turk and it really is a long road back for Mirko.

Can anyone suggest a reliable website to buy tickets for this?...some of the ones I've been browsing look dodgy as hell.

It isnt sold out yet so you dont have to go through touts. Is there a German Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

GIGGIDY GIDDY GIGGIDY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    CroCops my favourite fighter :D

EDIT: Dammit. Cant afford to go :(

rovert wrote: »
    It isnt sold out yet so you dont have to go through touts. Is there a German Ticketmaster?

There is, but amazingly they aren't selling tickets for this event...:confused:

There is, but amazingly they aren't selling tickets for this event...:confused:

This is the site the UFC site links to

http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tickets.html?fun=erdetail&affiliate=eve&doc=erdetaila&erid=314277

Hope you did German for the Leaving Cert as I didnt :p

Not to be a buzz kill but the UFC site has nothing about Mirko yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Yes im going, cant wait! And here is the finalised card :D

Main card
    -Wanderlei Silva vs. Rich Franklin *FIGHT AT CATCHWEIGHT 195LBS*

-Heath Herring vs Cain Velasquez
    -Mike Swick vs. Ben Saunders
    -Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
    -Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno

Prelims
    -Paul Taylor vs Peter Sobotta
    -Mustapha Al-Turk vs. Todd Duffee
    -Stefan Struve vs. Denis Stojnic
    -Terry Etim vs. Justin Buchholz
    -Dale Hartt vs. Dennis Siver
    -John Hathaway vs Rick Story
    -Paul Kelly Vs Rolanda Delgado

Im having so much fun following the war of words between Marcus Davis and Dan Hardy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was about to make a thread about this. When the Germany show was first announced Cro Cop said something about fighting on the card. Him vs Couture was the original rumour I think. I'd be surprised if it was true, but if it's not, then what's his website doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

yeah his website says hes fighting Al-Turk:confused:....weird, would love to see him get another shot in the UFC though, just for old times sake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Fozzy wrote: »
    I was about to make a thread about this. When the Germany show was first announced Cro Cop said something about fighting on the card. Him vs Couture was the original rumour I think. I'd be surprised if it was true, but if it's not, then what's his website doing?

Apparently he is fighting Al-Turk.

If anyone knows anyone who is going to UFC 99, There has been an age restriction of 18 put on the event and it seems like under 18's will not be admitted to the event regardless

Have made a deal with myself; IF the Cro Cop fight is confirmed, then I'm going to Germany. If not, I will heartily enjoy it on the tv. I await confirmation with baited breath...

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »

Yeah there was a big magazine spread in German? which had Mirko making that fight from his hospital bed late last year.
    unknown13 wrote: »
    Apparently he is fighting Al-Turk.

If anyone knows anyone who is going to UFC 99, There has been an age restriction of 18 put on the event and it seems like under 18's will not be admitted to the event regardless

It is a concession to the "human cockfighting" people in the country

*Sorry for the back to back posting*

But YAY!!!!:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/9338/
    Cro Cop's UFC return confirmed
    Dana White confirmed Mirko Cro Cop vs. Mostapha Al Turk for the 6/13 show in Cologne, Germany.

:)

Can't wait to get to Germany, this card looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Was going to post a new thread re Cro Cops return, but hopefully people will see it here anyway.

Haven't seen much of Al-Turk apart from the Kongo fight. But I presume a fit and motivated Cro Cop shouldn't have much problems dispatching him?

Kazooie wrote: »
    Was going to post a new thread re Cro Cops return, but hopefully people will see it here anyway.

Haven't seen much of Al-Turk apart from the Kongo fight. But I presume a fit and motivated Cro Cop shouldn't have much problems dispatching him?

Unless Al-Turk knees him in the balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Unless Al-Turk knees him in the balls

LOL worked for Overeem! Really hope we get to see a bit of the old cro cop, Do you think this fight will be promoted to the main card????

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Definately. The main reson they got him back is because it's in mainland Europe. Cro Cop still has a massive fan base there.

They both received some sack abuse from Kongo too so they have something in common. :)

So it's confirmed? Is that source reliable?

So it's confirmed? Is that source reliable?

Yes and VERY

• Advertisement

I'm on it. Thanks man:)

Advertisement