Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 99 in Germany June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Just parted with a virtual $240 for tickets...think I'll go lie down now:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Maynard wrote: »
    I'm on it.

You werent lying :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Todd Duffee is still Al Turks opponent according to UFC site, so we'l see how it pans out!

Tones69 wrote: »
    Todd Duffee is still Al Turks opponent according to UFC site, so we'l see how it pans out!

They will probably announce it on Saturday.

Ever changing this:
    Heath Herring Out of UFC 99
    Posted May 19, 2009 3:01PM By Michael David Smith

Heavyweight Heath Herring, who had been scheduled to fight Cain Velasquez in the co-main event at UFC 99, will not fight on the card as scheduled, FanHouse learned Tuesday.

FanHouse's Ariel Helwani first got the news that Herring is out. I separately confirmed with a source close to Herring that he has been battling an illness for weeks and unable to train.

It is not known at this point what will happen with Valasquez, a former Arizona State wrestler who is one of the brightest young heavyweight prospects in the UFC.

One option -- and this is pure speculation -- is that Velasquez could fight Mirko Cro Cop, who was confirmed for the UFC 99 card on Monday. Cro Cop was expected to take on Mostapha Al Turk, but a Cro Cop-Velasquez fight would be much bigger than Cro Cop-Al Turk or Herring-Velasquez.

UFC 99 takes place June 13 in Germany, with a main event of Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/05/19/heath-herring-out-of-ufc-99/

Velasquez vs Carwin is rumoured to be the replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

That's disappointing about Herring. Doubt if they use Carwin, I say Kongo maybe more likely.
    Heading to Germany myself, booked the flights and accommodation, very reasonable. As regards the tickets, I do'nt think this will sell out, so does anyone think the ufc will reduce the price of tickets closer to the octagon, so it appears the event sold out for tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

hmmmmmm wrote: »
    That's disappointing about Herring. Doubt if they use Carwin, I say Kongo maybe more likely.
    Heading to Germany myself, booked the flights and accommodation, very reasonable. As regards the tickets, I do'nt think this will sell out, so does anyone think the ufc will reduce the price of tickets closer to the octagon, so it appears the event sold out for tv?

Not a chance it will sell out 6,000 tickets have been sold and the arena's capacity is 18,000

Jesus Christ...the chips are flying around all over the shop on this card now. The card could go up another notch if Carwin or Kongo are added to it (IMHO) and Cro Cop is confirmed Sat (am hoping the reason it's not 100% official yet is because they want to pump Sat as much as possible) or downhill if some can is brought in...

I am one of the unfortunates (read; idiots) who bought tickets for the London show on the basis that A Silva was headlining...Once bitten etc:(

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Jesus Christ...the chips are flying around all over the shop on this card now. The card could go up another notch if Carwin or Kongo are added to it (IMHO) and Cro Cop is confirmed Sat (am hoping the reason it's not 100% official yet is because they want to pump Sat as much as possible) or downhill if some can is brought in...

I am one of the unfortunates (read; idiots) who bought tickets for the London show on the basis that A Silva was headlining...Once bitten etc:(

I bought UFC85 tickets for Shogun - Liddell. Flights booked and everything. Then it was Evans - Liddell, and finally Hughes - Alves. I still had a blast though and would do it all over again.
    That's the nature of the game though. These guys train so hard someone's bound to get injured or something once in a while.

Everyone was bitching about that and it turned out to be an absolute stonkin event, its not all about the big names you know! Germany is gonna be amazing!!! Hope kongo is herrings replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You mean on the internet rumours that he was headlining? Never buy event tickets expecting a fighter till the UFC confirms :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

You mean on the internet rumours that he was headlining? Never buy event tickets expecting a fighter till the UFC confirms :pac:

Ye that's pretty much exactly what I did...Although I do harbour resentment against Ultimate Talk for basically saying it was a done deal...

Well I went to the London show, not quite sure that it was a "stonking event" (Nate and Maia my personal highlights) A few things really got on my wick about it. But it was only my second live UFC event - live and learn and all that.

Delighted with the addition of Kongo; Herring would have been nice as a nod to the old PRIDE days, but Kongo is right in the shake-up now, and should make for a very interesting bout.

Once CC is confirmed, I am happy out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just looking at the possibility of going to this. You can fly from Shannon to Dusseldorf, which is not too far from Cologne for €16 return with Ryanair. Thats going out Saturday morning at 8am, but back Tuesday. If there was a return flight Sunday I would be there in a second. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah Dusseldorf is only like 30mins on the train from Cologne. Hmm Im gona start looking into going to this if I cant do it for about €300.

Yeah Dusseldorf is only like 30mins on the train from Cologne. Hmm Im gona start looking into going to this if I cant do it for about €300.

Yes you can, i got return flights (Dublin to Dusseldorf) on ryanair for 45 euro dude, get ticket for 100 or so..Im going thurs to sun cos i like to get the weigh ins on the friday

I'm flying over on the Saturday morning to Dusseldorf weeze airport and back on the Monday. 30 euro return, thank you Michael O' leary! Hiring a car to drive down to Cologne. You can definitely do it for under 300

Am also flying to Dusseldorf (looks like 4 of us now:eek:) but on Friday evening at 7 with Ryanair for about 25lids each one way. Have work on the Monday, so we're looking at single flights back from Dusseldorf with Aer Lingus at 10.40am for about 50 a head.

You have your pick of tickets at the arena (between 32-280 odd euro I think)
    And by all accounts the accom is varied and rooms are available between 30-50 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

gimmick wrote: »
    Just looking at the possibility of going to this. You can fly from Shannon to Dusseldorf, which is not too far from Cologne for €16 return with Ryanair. Thats going out Saturday morning at 8am, but back Tuesday. If there was a return flight Sunday I would be there in a second. Ah well

I wanted to go from Shannon and wanted to fly out on the Fri. and fly back on the Sun. but there was no flights for those days, have to go from Dublin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Satan Polaroid

Anyone know if this will be on Setanta?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Setanta show all UFC events so no reason for them to not show this one.

For those going over to Germany, have ye bought tickets yet for the event and with who?

Yes. Got them in the post (via DHL) the other day. Used the link on the official UFC site. Everything else I looked at seemed dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Friend of mine ha 4 tickets for sale. 50euro (I think) each.

Yes. Got them in the post (via DHL) the other day. Used the link on the official UFC site. Everything else I looked at seemed dodgy to me.

Cheers, did it take them long to post them? It's only dawned on me now that it's less than 3 weeks away

No I got them in 2 days. But I paid extra for international postage. My first encounter with real-life German-efficiency:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

What do people think is the deal with cro cop for this event. He says hes in it as do most other sites but still not on the offical card. would be great to see him in person.

Frankly I'm quite jittery at this stage. They're announcing the Trigg news etc on the website and still not a jot about CC...

I jut pray that they do soon and it's not some publicity stunt where he picks up a mike in the ring and announces his comeback or smething lame like that.

Even his own quotes, although mentioning Al Turk by name, say nothing about Germany or UFC 99...Getting worried tbh:o

Coolhand wrote: »
    What do people think is the deal with cro cop for this event. He says hes in it as do most other sites but still not on the offical card. would be great to see him in person.

It was confirmed by Dave Melzer one the more respected MMA journalists and someone who speaks to Dana White and Joe Silva on a very regular basis. I was surprised what nothing was said on the last UFC about him. Maybe his stock with the company is just this low in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

rovert wrote: »
    It was confirmed by Dave Melzer one the more respected MMA journalists and someone who speaks to Dana White and Joe Silva on a very regular basis. I was surprised what nothing was said on the last UFC about him. Maybe his stock with the company is just this low in 2009.
    Goldberg definately gave it a passing mention during 98. I remember him saying "and Mirko Cro-Cop returns to the UFC" during a plug for 99

Advertisement