Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 99 in Germany June 13th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Well spotted.

Looking forward to this now. I wouldnt call the card top notch, but has alot of potentialy exciting fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Rich Franklin to beat Wanderlei, tko Rd 2

Velasquez to bt Kongo, gnp Rd 2

Fisher to beat Caol Uno on points

Swick to beat Saunders by KO

Marcus Davis to KO Dan Hardy ( really rooting for Davis on this one )

Crocop by 1st round KO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

UFC Autograph signing with Bisping, Kampmann and Sadollah in Cologne

33cp5wm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

i really cant wait too see davis smash that mouthy f**k hardy up, genuinelly excited:)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I wonder how Hathaway will do he's fighting in the prelims.
    Hathaway is the guy that beat Tom Egan incase people don't know who he is or why I brought it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

oh we all remember hathaway ha, nice guy tho hope he does well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I hope Hathaway does really well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ill be rooting for him too. Nice guy and a good fighter from what ive seen(was has been just the egan fight and a couple cage rage ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy83

Just got an email from Eventim (Ticket Organisation that was selling the Event Tickets)...

Seems that the Weigh Ins are @ 4pm on the Friday. Not later in the evening as I first had thought.

Also, a signing session with the lads mentioned @ the venue from 1pm on the Friday.

*for info*

News-Update: Erleben Sie die UFC-Stars zudem hautnah beim offiziellen Wiegen und bei einer Autogrammstunde am 12. Juni. Beide Events sind kostenlos!

The Lanxess Arena
    Willy-Brandt-Platz 3
    50679 Cologne (Köln)

Autogrammstunde mit den Stars, Eintritt kostenlos (free):
    13 Uhr - 15 Uhr - Michael Bisping, Martin Kampmann, Amir Sadollah

Offizielles UFC Wiegen, Eintritt kostenlos
    15 Uhr - Einlass (entrance)
    16 Uhr - Wiegen (weigh in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Cant wait for this, flying out at 11am tmrw. Il bang up a few pics over the wknd :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This could easily be our last live UFC with Setanta :(

I would imagine it would go to Virgin 1 or something which would mean no more live UFC. Would they get Unleashed and Wired and the Countdown shows aswell??

Franklin
    Congo via multiple knees to the balls
    Swick
    Fisher
    Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Franklin
    Congo via multiple knees to the balls
    Swick
    Fisher
    Davis

I've got the complete opposite picks :pac: Plus Cro Cop to get a decision loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

gravity12 wrote: »

Thats pretty great for a company whose modern era programming has only been shown on television for the past few months.

Here is a question for the boxing heads like cowzerp I heard boxing is booming at the moment in Germany, is that true? Also what are Germany fight crowds like generally speaking as Ive heard a mixture of descriptions? Does anyone think that they will boo the ground game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

rovert wrote: »
    Thats pretty great for a company whose modern era programming has only been shown on television for the past few months.

Here is a question for the boxing heads like cowzerp I heard boxing is booming at the moment in Germany, is that true? Also what are Germany fight crowds like generally speaking as Ive heard a mixture of descriptions? Does anyone think that they will boo the ground game?

To answer that, Klitshcko and haye sold out 60,000 tickets in a few hours for there tilte fight that haye had to pull out of due to a back injury, now he's fighting chagaev and its still 60,000 going to be going. thats serious stuff.

in saying that i dont think they'll boo the ground game, but ya never know outside of japan.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Does anyone know if this is definatly being shown on Setanta Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

According to the SKY EPG it is.

Kazooie wrote: »
    According to the SKY EPG it is.

Yep and as a rule of thumb all European shows are seems like a contractual thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Crocop's deal with UFC is a one fight deal.
    This is unprecedented, during Zuffa's ownership of the UFC anyway.

Its an odd one, I am thinking its Crocop leveraging of his local popularity and the fact that the event was so close, when negotiations were taking place.

Wouldnt hold out hope of a similar offer for Fedor though

Also saw this on Setanta:

Gareth Davies of The Telegraph spoke with UFC UK President Marshall Zelaznik, who was able to ensure that UFC 99 would be screened live to viewers in the British Isles:

The Ultimate Fighting Championship have guaranteed fans tonight that UFC 99 from Cologne will be available to British and Irish fans on Saturday night. Speaking exclusively to Telegraph.co.uk, Marshall Zelaznik, president of the UK division of the UFC, that the mixed martial arts organisation “will ensure that fans will see UFC 99 irrespective of what happens with Setanta.” The well-documented financial strife Setanta is under is believed to be reaching a head as executives attempt to secure a last-ditch rescue package that will prevent the company tipping into administration. Staff have been told that the company will continue to broadcast as the search for fresh investment continues, but there were no details provided and nor were there any guarantees given as to the company’s long-term prospects.

While this information will carry MMA fans through the UFC 99 card from Germany. The company has recently blocked new subscriptions, in what may be a pre-cursor to the shuttering of the broadcaster. With there being reports that Setanta may go off the air prior to the card, there may be some kind of stop gap measure to air the show, possibly on another network like Bravo, etc. Davies did note that more details would be released tomorrow about the broadcasting of the show.

There was a press conference yesterday with the same info more or less:

But the difference is the exasperation in Dana's voice when the topic of Mirko came up. It sounded like Mirko just pestered the office in re-signing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

anyone suss out the best way from dusseldorf to koln by train.?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

There was a press conference yesterday with the same info more or less:

But the difference is the exasperation in Dana's voice when the topic of Mirko came up. It sounded like Mirko just pestered the office in re-signing him.

Not true; You can hear the full set of interviews (conference call) here

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.Detail&gid=20421

It's very long (CC fans will LOVE it though:D) And there is a lot of talk about mutual respect and admiration, the UFC always being open to CC and that Dana has not, or would not do his business like this for another fighter. If there is any exasperation in his voice then that is more likely due to the fact that they were answering many similar questions over and over again from the various journos who were on the line. None of whom seemed to be listening to the former's questions.

On a related note, if you love Mirko and you want to get even more pumped for this fight, find some time and listen to the interviews. I know you have to say all the right things as a fighter pre-fight, but his hunger and his desire to succeed, the belief in his voice and the strength of his words, had me freaking out!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I'm not really looking forward to Cro Cop's fight. He's just not the same fighter as he used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

anybody know of any pubs showing this in the Dublin area or north wicklow area ?

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm not really looking forward to Cro Cop's fight. He's just not the same fighter as he used to be

Doesnt matter most fans choose to remember his PRIDE/K1 days only. :pac:

Doesnt matter most fans choose to remember his PRIDE/K1 days only. :pac:

I wonder how many have watched his last three fights in Japan (was it three or four?). Even the ones that he won weren't that impressive, and Overeem really outclassed him. If he loses to Al-Turk then it would pretty much put a definitive stamp on it that he's well past his best. But if he does win, then there'll be people calling for him to get a title shot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Davis was waering the Waterford GAA jersey :D

dlofnep wrote: »
    Davis was waering the Waterford GAA jersey :D

Such a shame that match up didnt make the offical Countdown special. I hope Dan Hardy outclasses him.

Im really torn between Silva destroying Franklin in the clinch and Franklin just knocking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm going for Davis FTW.. Dan's a good fighter, but he's a bit cocky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I doubt Wandy will use the clinch, he hasnt used it in a good while. He'll come out try to get close and swing 5/6 hooks like a maniac and back up again and repeat and im sure Franklins clinch work is a lot better then it was two years ago. Franklin will try to keep a bit of a distance and try and set up his left kicks and straight left.

Advertisement