Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Life before the console age (article)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, Big Trak, awesome, I wanted one, until a couple of years later a cousin got one from Santy and it was a big disappointment,
    I was lucky enough, pretty much from 76 onwards, that is from the age of 4, I had electronic toys around.
    I had the various electro mechanical games that were around, a neighbour had a pong machine and so on, eventually, in the 80's computers were everywhere, I had a spectrum, before that a mate had an old Atari thingy, and there were Colecovisions here and there.
    Since then I've never been without videogaming in one form or another.

So, no life really without gaming goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Jip wrote: »
    I always wanted the Big Trak programmable tank that appears first in the list.

Yeah, I remember my brother got a Big Trak for christmas one year. I must have been about 4. I do remember it was pretty cool and ate those big batteries like no tomorrow. You'd program the thing to move forward, go left etc. The possibilities were endless (when you were 4). I am nearly 100% positive that he still has it up in our folks attic, box and all, as he tended never to throw anything out. May be worth a few quid.

TC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Me though, I wanted, and still want, Simon by MB, super cool retro gaming fun show!

Advertisement