Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Cafe (late opening)

• 10-03-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of any internet cafe in the city that doesn't close until late (say midnight)?

I'm looking for somewhere to play World of Warcraft in the evenings.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wasnt aware internet cafes let you install games on machines! As for that late, not that im aware of. The only late opening gaming cafe would be beside Dominos but I dont know their opening hours/days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya where Sully said I'd suggest. Ya man in there is a little mental though.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Would they allow you to connect up your own laptop or do you have to use their computers? I've never been to an internet cafe before so I don't really know how they do things.

I think I could put up with a mental man if it meant I could play WoW during the week!

Thanks for the replies!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Doesn't Cyber Mart down by the park do games...least it used to...no idea if they have world of warcraft though

The owner is fun alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

/yeah the lads used go in there to play online so I don't think it would be an issue. It was occupied mainly by gamers back then so they would have to have MMORPGs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

yeah you should be able to play WOW in cybermart I know they used to stay open till 10pm and depending if there were a few peopel still there and paying he would stay open longer. Not too sure now tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yup Cyber Mart is going to be your best bet. You might even catch the WIT gaming society down there some Thursdays if you are lucky ( although we tend to play FPS's you are more than welcome to join in if we are there ) .
    Brendan is the guy that runs the place, he is a pretty sound chap. He closes at 10, although he has started moving towards running courses in there so he closes early to the general public sometimes, ask him and he'll let you know. And yeah you are allowed to use your own laptops/desktops. He has PC's there capable of playing Wow though, and its installed on some of them already, but if for some reason its not ( he might have wiped them recently ) just tell him that you are planning on coming in frequently to play Wow and he will install it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Why don't you get a 3G modem from the likes of 3 or Vodafone? On Pre-pay it costs from €20 a month which would be far less than it would cost to play in a cafe for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

AdMMM wrote: »
    Why don't you get a 3G modem from the likes of 3 or Vodafone? On Pre-pay it costs from €20 a month which would be far less than it would cost to play in a cafe for the month.
    3G and online gaming are a pretty dire combination.

Unless it's Scrabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Waterford is pretty well covered by HSDPA. The highest ping I get to UK servers is 300ms and is sometimes as low as 90ms. Too high, even at the best of times, for FPS's, but should be fine for WoW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Thanks for all the info! That's really useful. I'll be delighted if I can get the bit of Warcrack during the week :p

AdMMM: The reason I'm asking about the internet cafes is that I'm staying in a house in the Co. Kilkenny (nearest town is Waterford city) that I can't get Eircom BB for and mobile phone reception is awful - so I'd say the 3G would be awful too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

AdMMM wrote: »
    Waterford is pretty well covered by HSDPA....

Is it? I can never get it when in Waterford and my place is out in Williamstown.. :mad:

Gah!! Fuppin typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

if you have your laptop and it has wifi.... go to a free wifi spot and see what its like...
    an old thread but will give you some starters...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055210440

Advertisement