Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Clothing

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Can't find the original item. Here's some more discussion on it. The ad did run. http://www.gracieva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2450&sid=282003fad6194670403f1b0e23e007f6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Q.E.D !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

..... but if wear Tapout/Warrior Wear/Affliction or any other gack **** with skulls and chains on it you run the serious risk of looking like a total ****ing gombeen.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

RNCFAN wrote: »
    ..... but if wear Tapout/Warrior Wear/Affliction or any other gack **** with skulls and chains on it you run the serious risk of looking like a total ****ing gombeen.

Sorry.
    Or you could just be into metal music...piercings...tattoo's and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

RNCFAN wrote: »

Sorry.

I agree, most of the stuff is pretty poxy.

That's why I only wear Punishment Athletics stuff. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    I agree, most of the stuff is pretty poxy.

That's why I only wear Punishment Athletics stuff. :pac:
    Is that why you intentionally threw away that Xyience hoodie at my last show?:pac:

Aside from Tapout obviously, I'm not against MMA gear on some general principle I just think that a lot of it is cack. I like FCF stuff though and Twins keep sending me the same free t-shirt. I could actually wear a new Twins Lumpini shirt for 5 consecutive days but people would only think I didn't change my clothes. Other than that I wear my gym's tees and hoodies out and about and to work.

I have to say I always suspected that there was a subset of MMA fans in Ireland but when I went to the UFC in January I actually couldn't believe the amount of lads there all decked out in Tapout, Affliction, FCF and all those brands who were in the place and obviously dedicated armchair supporters of the sport. I suppose a bit like the Premiership versus the League of Ireland, I wish those same people would support the local game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Roper wrote: »
    Is that why you intentionally threw away that Xyience hoodie at my last show?:pac:
    Things lost/damaged that night: Xyience hoodie, glasses, ego... now that was a bad night!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

So Big Wave

Essentially Barry was right and you shouldn't say things like this? Or at least you had no grounds to say he was slanderous and full of sh1t? And if date rape by multiple people is implied then this would qualify as gangrape.
    Big Wave wrote:
    So you're saying that Tapout endorsed "date rape by multiple people"? First you say they promoted "gang rape", then it's "date rape" - you throw those phrases around casually, and they're both serious accusations! Then people ask you for proof & you have none - probably because you're making it up for shock value - maybe you just don't like Tapout or something.

So nameless faceless guy by all means continue your rant against non-anonymous cornerstone of Irish MMA. Tapout have always skirted the boundaries of taste. They made money off being "there for you to hate". I don't think they need defending.

Advertisement