Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Hi Path 3300H

Options
  • 10-03-2009 4:04pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

A guy I know is thinking of buying a second hand phone system from a guy whos office closing down. He asked me what a afir price would be but to be honest I dont know a lot about them.

Its a 5-6 year old Siemens Hi Path 3300 system.

Anyone any ideas?

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

firstly inless you have the software and the access codes you will not be able to change the settings, ie. where the phone first rings, diverts, call groups etc. Personally I wouldnt touch it but then again I hate those systems!!! :)

Probably worth about 200 euro. Doesnt matter if he paid five grand for it second user PBX's dont make a lot..

As I say though if you cant program it and your doing yourself avoid it. If you know a siemes installer they can prob crack the login, its usually not that hard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Oh I wont be touching it, he just asked me as he doesnt want to get ripped off.. I think all codes/password etc will be provided and he will be getting phones to go with it.

I did a bit of research and on ebay they are selling from betweem stg£900 to stg£1200, granted with a 12 month warranty from a reseller.. but if he can get it for €200 I'm sure he'd be happy with that.. :D

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

its an easy thing to default the siemens back to the origional codes to login but you will need manager E to connect and program the system. There is also a super user code for all siemens pbx's

The main thing your mate should do is check the software version before he buys it. If he wants to add to it in the future he could have problems because newer cards aren't compatable with older software versions.

Also some software versions allow you to upgrade by just getting a bigger mmc card and dropping on the latest version with the configured database but older versions need the actual motherboard changed.

Nothing is ever straight forward with siemens. if you get me the specs i should be able to give you some more info

Advertisement