Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Ticket Charge.

Options
  • 10-03-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

On Monday the 2nd of March I was returning from London, Heathrow with my wife on the 19.45 to Dublin. Unfortunatley (and I wont go into the reasons) we missed our flight by about 2 minutes. We now had to book another flight which cost us £356 sterling.The origonal flights had cost me 9 euro plus taxes 4 days earlier. Is there anything I can do to be re embursed or have I just be stung.
    Thanks
    Joe
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sorry Joe, but there's nothing in your post to say why you should be reimbursed, unless you can demonstrate that someone was responsible for you missing your flight who would be liable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have travel insurance, that might cover you for the missed flight (minus excess). If Aer Lingus moved the time of the flight, and you weren't informed, then that would be grounds for reimbursement, but you missing the flight for any reason outside of Aer Lingus, is not their problem.

If I buy a packet of crisps, and don't go to eat them until after they go out of date, can I get a refund from Walkers?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The cost of your replacement tickets is down to the law of supply and demand. Of course a company is going to charge as much as they can for a product (ie a flight). If you want it badly enough you have to pay it. All flights get ridiculously expensive as seats become scarce and the flight time nears. Michael OLeary, the oh-so-tactful boss of Ryanair, has been quoted as saying he loves funeral goers, because they always book flights last minute.

If the reason you missed your flight was your fault, then you wont be due any refund. As mentioned, check the small print on your travel insurance, if you have it. Perhaps your circumstances are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Afraid its tough luck, you purchased a flight last minute, doesn't matter that you had a ticket for a flight you missed, your fault.
    Lesson learned for future but check your travel insurance to be sure

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You missed your flight...how is this the airlines fault?

If I'm late for work in the morning do I blame my employer if the cause of it was heavy traffic...no of course not

Its your fault so take it like a man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You obviously can't claim back any of the ticket price, but you will be able to make a claim for the airport charges, as you actually didn't take those flights. Contact Aer Lingus or have a look on their website.

Advertisement