Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dedicated Webhost for Progressive Flash Videos

Options
  • 10-03-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Ok as the Web Hosting Forum was closed....this seems the best place to post this.

I am looking at Dedicated Servers for Flash Videos.

Someone elsewhere criticised a web host in Ireland but also said they didn't want to go with a US host as they found them slow.

With comparisons between a an Irish web host and a US webhost (no names....mods note I am being perfectly fair here)....there really is no comparison on features.
    I will break them down to the features that matter to me.

Irish Dedicated VPS Package
    Memory 1gig
    Disk Space 40gig
    Monthly Bandwidth 200gig
    Monthly Price 170euro

US Dedicated Package
    Memory 1gig
    Disk Space 80gig
    Monthly Bandwidth 1500gig
    Monthly Price 136euro

I would like peoples experiences on performance of Dedicated Hosting packages.

As I would expect a lot of users from the US would it make sense to go with a US Host anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ok as the Web Hosting Forum was closed....this seems the best place to post this.
    Please read the forum charter and stickies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement