Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Napalm Death

• 10-03-2009 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Dont think Ive ever seen a thread on here about these guys.Many/any fans here?For me at least they seem to be the only band that have gotten better as time has passed.The vast majority of bands that are on the go this long - Slayer or Metallica for example have lost some of their lustre as time went by but these guys refined their sound and everything they put out is as strong as the previous release.They have one of the most instantly recognisible sounds and vocals in all of extreme metal and have never compromised what they do.Have been listening to Time Waits for no Slave the last week or 2 and it is blistering and up there with anything they have ever put out.What you guys think?For those that may not be familiar here are a couple of vids.Cant seem to find any from the new album though.

When All is said and done from Smear Campaign

The Silence is Deafening from The code is red long live the code

Shanes skullet is coming along nicely too.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Huge fan of Scum,have some of their newer albums like Smear campaign and order of the leech but don't listen to them as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Great band - liked their early stuff but really liked their death metal albums in the early 90s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I quite like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah I do like them, although I'm sadly lacking in albums. I have Enemy of The Music Business, Greed Killing EP and The Code Is Red....haven't heard Smear Campaign or Time Waits, been meaning to get around to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

scum is a great album.I must check out some of there other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Excellent band, great live, seen them twice within a two years back (Wacken 07 followed by a gig in Belfast). Got a rake of their albums, favourites would be Smear Campaign and Scum, The Code is Red is pretty solid too.

Impressive that they've been on the go for 28 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

My uncle, who lives in Birmingham, used to work in a pub called Costermongers, where the Napalm lads used to hang out. He's actually good mates with Barney too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

greed killing off the diatribes album i think?
    fav napalm death song ,with "suffer the children" and "mass apeal madness" coming in second and third

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Just a heads up to all you Napalm Death fans, but they are headlining a Low End Metal Festival down here in Waterford.

more info here

http://www.underground1.net/viewthread.php?tid=5339

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah I like Naplam Death, me! Incinerator is great, not one to played through North Meath, not that it really matters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

scum is a great album.I must check out some of there other stuff.

What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Nailz wrote: »
    Yeah I like Naplam Death, me! Incinerator is great, not one to played through North Meath, not that it really matters...

no mate ,meath the perfect place to be blaring napalm death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

It's great to see them playing in Waterford. I had them in Cork a few years ago and they were solid gents the lot of them.

Barney's a mad laugh. I used love winding up metallers in the UK when I was over showing em Barney's phone number on the business phone. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Great band. The new album's a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Can't wait to see them down in Waterford....the headliner they originally looked for LowEnd was CULT OF LUNA....which I would've much prefered as that would be the first time in 5/6 years since they played here but two of the members were unavailable then... Hoping ND will be playing Cork and Dublin cause I would def hit all the dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Can't wait to see them down in Waterford....the headliner they originally looked for LowEnd was CULT OF LUNA....which I would've much prefered as that would be the first time in 5/6 years since they played here but two of the members were unavailable then... Hoping ND will be playing Cork and Dublin cause I would def hit all the dates.

Who are you on Underground ?

From what I got from the thread, they were going to have ND Headline one night and Cult of Luna Headline the other, but as you said 2 lads from Cult of Luna had to be away on vacation didn't then :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Nah, just read it on Metalireland. Really hope the Friday headline act is an International band....Cult of Luna would have really been a jawdroppe ah well

Advertisement