Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g streaming radiation

• 10-03-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi

I stream radio over 3g to my iphone a lot. I imagine this is for the most part just receiving a stream of data with very little packets of data returning. Therefore does this mean there is little chance of em radiation from the phone as it is mostly just in receiving mode?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Synkro wrote: »
    Hi

I stream radio over 3g to my iphone a lot. I imagine this is for the most part just receiving a stream of data with very little packets of data returning. Therefore does this mean there is little chance of em radiation from the phone as it is mostly just in receiving mode?

Thanks

No, not really, you have to send to recieve and visa-versa. If you're about it don't worry unless you've been doing this since you were 3 years old or something.scared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Synkro wrote: »
    Therefore does this mean there is little chance of em radiation from the phone as it is mostly just in receiving mode?

Not really. Any network has to establish a set up a link to send/receive using protocols. So even though it is mainly receiving, it is also sending data, such as acknowledgements that it actually received the data.

Advertisement