Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of selling my 2g iphone some advice please?

Options
  • 10-03-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi looking for some advice please, I’m thinking of selling my 8gig Iphone 2g and upgrading to the 3g one, 1st question is if I unlock my 2g Iphone on a Mac can the buyer use it on a pc? Would it be better to sell it without unlocking it and let the buyer unlock it?

Cheers d4an.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭CivilEx

d4an wrote: »
    Hi looking for some advice please, I’m thinking of selling my 8gig Iphone 2g and upgrading to the 3g one, 1st question is if I unlock my 2g Iphone on a Mac can the buyer use it on a pc? Would it be better to sell it without unlocking it and let the buyer unlock it?

Cheers d4an.

Afaik once it's unlocked, its good to go irrespective of whether the buyer has a PC/MAC. It's this way for the 3G anyway

The price that people might pay for it is likely to be higher if they can use it on a network of their choice.

Is the phone up to version 2.2 and 2.28.00 baseband? If not try and update it as again potential buyers are likely will want recent software installed on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

CivilEx wrote: »
    Is the phone up to version 2.2 and 2.28.00 baseband? If not try and update it as again potential buyers are likely will want recent software installed on it

The last baseband update for the 2G brought it to 04.05.04_G and it hasn't been updated in a long time (probably since 2.0), so it's totally safe to update to 2.2.1 and keep the unlock. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭CivilEx

The last baseband update for the 2G brought it to 04.05.04_G and it hasn't been updated in a long time (probably since 2.0), so it's totally safe to update to 2.2.1 and keep the unlock. :)
    Let's hope Apple leave the baseband of the 3G alone once the next generation iPhone comes out in June (maybe :D)

Advertisement