Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prolog

Options
  • 10-03-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to connect strawberry prolog to a language such as C in order to create a GUI for my program. If it is not possible to do this can you recommend a version of prolog that can be?
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

I think there a few Prolog implementations in .NET, in which case you could probably use a C# or VB.NET based WinForms GUI along with them. If nothing else, that should make the GUI part a lot easier than going a Win32 or MFC route with C, which will leave you more time to focus on your Prolog, and you may still have the cross-platform route with Mono.

Never used them, so no idea of their level of quality, but I think P# and PROLOG.NET were two projects aiming to bring Prolog to the CLR. Some googling should turn up more. Looks like this guy, for instance, had some luck with that approach;
    http://arbel.net/blog/archive/2004/08/02/My-Prolog-Project_3A00_-Connect-4.aspx

Advertisement