Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona Test. - Day 2

• 10-03-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭

The Barcelona test continued with day 2. The fastest driver of the day was Kimi Raikkonen putting Ferrari at the top of the time sheets for a change. Kazuki Nakajima managed a quick lap placing Williams 2nd for the day. Brawn GP continues to impress with their pace - 3rd fastest time for Rubens Barrichello on his first outing in the new Brawn GP car. What is it with McLaren though - problems or not showing the others what they have up their sleevs ?

Times Barcelona Test March 10, 2009:

1. Raikkonen - Ferrari - 1:20.314
    2. Nakajima - Williams - 1:20.907 +0.593
    3. Barrichello - Brawn GP - 1:20.966 +0.652
    4. Trulli - Toyota - 1:21.182 +0.868
    5. Webber - Red Bull - 1:21.347 +1.033
    6. Heidfeld - BMW Sauber - 1:21.615 +1.301
    7. Sutil - Force India - 1:21.834 +1.520
    8. Alonso - Renault - 1:21.937 +1.623
    9. Kovalainen - McLaren - 1:21.991 +1.677
    10. Bourdais - Toro Rosso - 1:23.039 +2′.725

Busiest drivers were Heidfeld (126 laps), Trulli (120 laps), Barrichello and Alonso (both 111 laps).

The fastest time of Tuesday morning went to Kimi Raikkonen. Brawn GP continues to impress with Barrichello in 2nd place, 6 tenths behind Ferrari. McLaren is at the moment the slowest Mercedes powered car of the day. There were some stoppages this morning Webber, Bourdais and Barrichello. The busiest driver of the morning session was Nick Heidfeld with 69 laps. (images in the article)

Morning times Barcelona Test March 10, 2009:

1. Raikkonen - Ferrari - 1:20.314
    2. Barrichello - Brawn GP - 1:20.966 +0.652
    3. Trulli - Toyota - 1:21.326 +1.012
    4. Alonso - Renault - 1:21.937 +1.623
    5. Heidfeld - BMW Sauber - 1:21.965 +1.651
    6. Sutil - Force India - 1:22.141 +1.827
    7. Kovalainen - McLaren - 1:22.328 +2.014
    8. Nakajima - Williams - 1:22.381 +2.067
    9. Webber - Red Bull - 1:22.517 +2.203
    10. Bourdais - Toro Rosso - 1:23.039 +2′.725

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have to say im looking forward to the opening f1 race for the first time in years also go brawn gp!!! nice car so far it seems but its only testing so hard to know who's sandbagging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Grim. wrote: »
    have to say im looking forward to the opening f1 race for the first time in years also go brawn gp!!! nice car so far it seems but its only testing so hard to know who's sandbagging

Well,
    I think it is going to be the most equal line up in years
    BUT
    All cars being as equal as possible.. I will still bety my money on Kimi to shine again this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hmmmm, I have to say I think McLaren could be in trouble. That's what the rumour mill says anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tommiejoie

Grim. wrote: »

Me too! I've been really impressed by BrawnGP. They seem to be consistent (over two days anyway) and their car is one of the better looking one's out there. Some interesting stuff going on at the front wing; makes up for that hideous Renault. Even though they're probably pushing like hell to look good, they must have a half decent car at least.I hope they do well.

I'm intrigued by Mclaren. Are they sandbagging big time or in serious trouble. I can't decide which. Holding back a second and a half off the pace must effect the overall performance (in terms of tyre heat, peak aero performance and overall vehicle dynamics from running generally slower than what they can do) of the car so how useful can the test really be in that scenario? I know last week they were running 2010 rubber, I assume they're not this week. Would like to know if they've got KERS on board too. If they're tail-ending again tomorrow I'd be concerned.

My tip: Toyota. They've been running good in all the tests. Respectable but not super quick times. No real reliability concerns. They've been consistent and unassuming. Exactly where you'd want to be to surprise the competition.

Advertisement