Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North Africa

• 10-03-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

In the process of planning a trip to N.Africa and would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions.

The plan so far ..

Fly into somewhere in southern Spain and try to get a boat of some sort into nothern Morocco.
    Travel along the coast into Algeria and follow on through to Tunisia.
    Boat it to southern Italy and fly back to Dublin.

The trip is in the development stage so any advise or suggestions concerning any of the above countries would be welcomed.
    The duration of the trip is going to be about eight weeks and I intend to spend the vast majority in Africa.

Thanking you ..

C.A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

The border between Morocco and Algeria is closed (unless things have changed very recently).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭buccsboyo

Hey
    I think cfitz is right the border is closed although I think you can fly! There are ferries to Tunisia from France and Italy and to Morocco from Spain.

Don't know where youve been before but a cheap,easy, well throdden alternative could be Istanbul to Luxor. You could get cheap flights to Istanbul ( easyjet via Gatwick ) and return flights back from Egypt ( Jet2 via Manchester ) .There is lots to see in between Petra, Aleppo, Cappadocia ,Cairo and it is a safe area to travel
    I am sure loads of people who contribute here will be able to share their experience of this trip.

Advertisement