Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Drogheda

Options
  • 10-03-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,
    Im a FTB looking to buy in drogheda and dont know the area too well so was wondering if there are any areas to definitely avoid? I've been looking at The Highlands estate on Rathmullen Rd as well as Ceaderfield, Bryanstown Manor, Martello Village, Grange Rath and Five Oaks. At moment I find myself falling in lust with a house in Highlands but was wondering what kind of estate it is to live in?:confused:
    Also Im pretty confused about fees and things so anyone who knows what they're talking about and wants to impart some friendly advice in my direction it'll be greatly apeciated!:)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

This would be better placed in the Louth forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mairead_or

Thanks...I'm obv. very new to this and had no idea where I was putting the thread! Will move it over now!
    Thanks again!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Hang around there at night (weeknight and weekend) to see are there many skangers about the place.

And of course, make a really low offer, as places like Drogheda are going to be dirt cheap in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

A friend of mine lives in Highlands. It seems fine but he had some build issues when he first moved in. Basically self tapping slab screws were not used by the slabbers when doing the ceilings and he had pops all over the shop.

Managed to get the builder back to fix it eventually, but yeah do not know if that was all the houses or just his.

Do you mind me asking what kind of house you are looking for (3/4 bed) and how much said house is going for in Highlands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mairead_or

population wrote: »
    A friend of mine lives in Highlands. It seems fine but he had some build issues when he first moved in. Basically self tapping slab screws were not used by the slabbers when doing the ceilings and he had pops all over the shop.

Managed to get the builder back to fix it eventually, but yeah do not know if that was all the houses or just his.

Do you mind me asking what kind of house you are looking for (3/4 bed) and how much said house is going for in Highlands?

Thanks...I'll get that checked out! Looking for 3 bed but 4 is a bonus..asking price for 3bed i've my eye on is 249 but I'm well aware of how unrealistic that is in the current market! particularly with others around asking for less! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement