Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget Calculations

• 10-03-2009 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of or have an up to date travel budget calculator? I'm trying to put together a budget and the calculators I find by through old posts seem to have very low estimated daily ammounts ($25 a day for Brazil for example).

If there is no calculator, what does everyone think are the average daily costs for:

Brazil
    Argentina
    Ecuador
    Peru
    Bolivia
    Chile
    Nz
    Fiji
    Oz
    Thailand
    Vietnam
    Cambodia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

SheroN wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know of or have an up to date travel budget calculator? I'm trying to put together a budget and the calculators I find by through old posts seem to have very low estimated daily ammounts ($25 a day for Brazil for example).

If there is no calculator, what does everyone think are the average daily costs for:

Brazil
    Argentina
    Ecuador
    Peru
    Bolivia
    Chile
    Nz
    Fiji
    Oz
    Thailand
    Vietnam
    Cambodia

1) Are you going to be drinking a lot?
    2) What standard of accommodation are you prepared to accept?
    3) Do you want to do a LOT of sightseeing/activities?
    4) Would you consider this a budget trip?

Can probably give you an idea of some of those places with answers to those questions. Also, if you can use Excel you could make a simple budget calculation sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

1) Are you going to be drinking a lot?
    2) What standard of accommodation are you prepared to accept?
    3) Do you want to do a LOT of sightseeing/activities?

Can probably give you an idea of some of those places with answers to those questions. Also, if you can use Excel you could make a simple budget calculation sheet.

Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem putting together a calculation sheet in excel if I have accurate daily rates :)

1) Are you going to be drinking a lot?- A few nights a week. Don't plan on drinking my way around the world though.

2) What standard of accommodation are you prepared to accept?- Middle of the road accommodation. Heading with my girlfriend so we plan on staying in cheap hotels or double rooms in hostels where cheap hotels are not possible.

3) Do you want to do a LOT of sightseeing/activities?- quite a bit of sight seeing.

-budget but not shoestring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

As I said, I can only give you an idea for some of those places. It's hard to say really but I'll do my best. You say budget but not shoestring so....

Aus/NZ - €60/day/person
    Thailand/Vietnam - €40 day/person

As a guess. For Aus/NZ you would still need extra money to do most big activities. Those numbers would be at the upper end of "budget" so farily comfy, I reckon.

EDIT: Just saw that you planned on staying in cheap hotels - you'll need more. Maybe I'm not going to be so useful on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Hehe thanks anyway! :)

As I said, I can only give you an idea for some of those places. It's hard to say really but I'll do my best. You say budget but not shoestring so....

Aus/NZ - €60/day/person
    Thailand/Vietnam - €40 day/person

As a guess. For Aus/NZ you would still need extra money to do most big activities. Those numbers would be at the upper end of "budget" so farily comfy, I reckon.

EDIT: Just saw that you planned on staying in cheap hotels - you'll need more. Maybe I'm not going to be so useful on this one!

Advertisement