Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classes or Clubs in Limerick

Options
  • 10-03-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi lads
    Looking to beat the recession and the weight problem, by doing some classes in Limerick somewhere two nights a week. Something like Yoga, Badminton, Boxercise, you know where I am going. Cardio I suppose.
    Any ideas or contacts would be great.
    D:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

There's a great step-aerobics masterclass in UL weekdays from 6-7 and 7-8. Costs €5 for the public and lasts an hour. Ususally PACKED so get there early to ensure you get your step, weights and a mat !
    It consists of warm up, about 40 mins cardio and about 15mins weight training ( arms, legs, belly ) and cooldown
    Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

A friend of mine has joined a club on the Dock Rd (the place that was know as in fact may still be Crunch).
    I think it cost €40 a month and you can attend as many classes as you like.
    The classes take in everything from yoga, to kickboxing exercies to cardio.
    My friend was right impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Millie wrote: »
    A friend of mine has joined a club on the Dock Rd (the place that was know as in fact may still be Crunch).
    I think it cost €40 a month and you can attend as many classes as you like.
    The classes take in everything from yoga, to kickboxing exercies to cardio.
    My friend was right impressed.

Crunch is now ACC Bank :)

The classes in ul are the best option for publin classes. but as the poster said there always full. I do jujitus in peri square 2 nights a week and powerlifting in UL 4 nights a week. i took up the jujitsu as an alternative to cardio :) when i was looking for classes of this sort there are 2 good options. wazakia jujitsu where i am or MMA style training in caherconlish(spelling) under ger healy.

Contact details for waza kai
    http://www.onthemap.ie/L-SPO-0142

im sure i can dig out details for ger healy too. hes a member on here also. any other info needed drop me a pm....hope this post helped

Advertisement