Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Spotify goes offline ...

Starting today, Spotify Premium subscribers will be able to select their playlists and set them to be ‘Available offline’. Those playlists will then be synced to your computer so you can continue to listen to your favorite tunes if you have a slow connection or even if you have no connection at all. Each computer will be able to store up to 3,333 tracks at a time.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2009/10/01/spotify-goes-offline/

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

piskins72 wrote: »
    Spotify goes offline ...

Starting today, Spotify Premium subscribers will be able to select their playlists and set them to be ‘Available offline’. Those playlists will then be synced to your computer so you can continue to listen to your favorite tunes if you have a slow connection or even if you have no connection at all. Each computer will be able to store up to 3,333 tracks at a time.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2009/10/01/spotify-goes-offline/
    Pretty sure it cached everything for everyone already - not sure if you could sign in when offline before though!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 conor_mac

Anyone noticed that the option to sign up to spotify premium in Ireland has disappeared from spotify.com.

As far as I can see spotify access is completely gone except for existing premium users. Was there a disagreement with recored labels or does anyone know what happened?

conor_mac wrote: »
    Anyone noticed that the option to sign up to spotify premium in Ireland has disappeared from spotify.com.

As far as I can see spotify access is completely gone except for existing premium users. Was there a disagreement with recored labels or does anyone know what happened?

yes its gone when you go to the main page, but if you go to your account on the main home page at the bottom you will find u can obtain premium or a day pass from there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

yes its gone when you go to the main page, but if you go to your account on the main home page at the bottom you will find u can obtain premium or a day pass from there :cool:

You just made my day mate. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Would love to upgrade, what do you press exactly on the user homepage? Can't see it.

http://www.we7.com is another good one and is definitely legal!

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Would love to upgrade, what do you press exactly on the user homepage? Can't see it.

go to spotify home page and at the bottom there is Account, if u see on the list down from that Subscribe, click that, it brings u into where you type your user name and password, once you have done this you should have option to either purchase a day pass or permium here.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Is spotify still doing the 14 day UK ip check? Trying to decide if this is worth my while now that I've got an invite...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Yeah, they are but after the 14 days you can get another invite/proxy and download it again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

That sounds like a major pain. What if they increase the frequency of checks? Spotify is sounding less and less like the solution to me.

Looks like there are no reasonable choices but piracy as usual.

go to spotify home page and at the bottom there is Account, if u see on the list down from that Subscribe, click that, it brings u into where you type your user name and password, once you have done this you should have option to either purchase a day pass or permium here.

Yeah, but you need a UK credit card....booo.

umm mine worked ok and its an irish one ...

Mastercard or Visa....mine is an AIB Visa, plus I have that extra security on it too...

Did you pay in Euro or Sterling as I only have the option of paying in Sterling....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Never heard of this being a problem before. Think you might be getting a bit confused...

Mastercard or Visa....mine is an AIB Visa, plus I have that extra security on it too...

Did you pay in Euro or Sterling as I only have the option of paying in Sterling....

nope it was in euros, when Spotify was released initally last year I was unable to use it so I went premium for a month and cancelled it, which reverted me back to the free service until it was blocked again recently, this maybe why I have been able to use premium again as I was already on the system per say? have never heard either of any one having a sterling option, did you set it up using a UK address?

No. I am not confused....I know what it is saying, ' you may experience problems as your credit card does not match your location'

I think the problem is that I had to set-up the user account in the UK to get the free version....I can't switch to Ireland or any other country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I had the same problem.
    I needed to set up the account using a UK proxy and it then required a UK card.
    Fortunately for me my boss had a UK card.
    As I said to someone else, they now take paypal but don't know if that requires UK address also.

Yeah, that would also mean paying more in Sterling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Spotify alternative, www.grooveshark.com.

Very good, fast, in your browser, legal AFAIK?

Check it out, it's good :D
    Lads stop debating how to access Spotify. This one has it all and not even a login needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭duffman90210

If you log onto Paypal.co.uk and register your irish credit card at an english address, then log onto spotify.com and chose to pay via paypal, it's all good! I've had it for well over 6 months now. Didn't think I'd notice the difference between 320kps and 128kps but when you use it through a good sound system the difference is remarkable!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

My spotify has just started working again, no idea why. I now have the option to buy tracks..

lordgoat wrote: »
    My spotify has just started working again, no idea why. I now have the option to buy tracks..
    Same - didnt realise how much i had missed it.
    Anyone know why its back?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

lordgoat wrote: »

Mine stopped working a while ago so i registered a new one with a french postcode and used a french ip to use spotify.

that stopped working today but now my old irish one works again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Is there a way to edit your location?

on the edit profile option it's only offering uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Yes have had it back a few week's now - it's so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

I just set up spotify in work. Because of the way our IT set things up spotify thinks i'm in Spain. When i go home will i no longer be able to use spotify or is there a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

spotify allows you to use your account "abroad" for 14 days, therefore once you long into your spotify account from your "spanish" workplace at least once every 14 days, then you will be able to keep using it at home. At least this is my understanding of their FAQ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

brian_ire wrote: »
    spotify allows you to use your account "abroad" for 14 days, therefore once you long into your spotify account from your "spanish" workplace at least once every 14 days, then you will be able to keep using it at home. At least this is my understanding of their FAQ!

that is classic!!!! lovely stuff, i'm so happy!

Thank you very much for the info & quick response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Any ideas how to pay for spotify fom Ireland. Is it necessary to have an english credit card or Paypal account. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to set up a Paypal UK account and moving money into it but when I tried transferring a payment on spotify.com it asked me for a credit card number. I tried using my Irish card but of course I've already used that on my other paypal account so no joy there. Then I tried my virtual credit card from entropay (Virtual Visa Electron) and still no luck. :mad:

Advertisement