Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify.com

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ok - so I've got premium working now but had to use a US credit card + unblock us proxy. Will I have to use a proxy on my iphone to use the mobile app also? Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Tusky wrote: »
    Ok - so I've got premium working now but had to use a US credit card + unblock us proxy. Will I have to use a proxy on my iphone to use the mobile app also? Thanks.

once you're a sunscriber they don't check your ip so you son't have to use proxys any more.

lordgoat wrote: »
    once you're a sunscriber they don't check your ip so you son't have to use proxys any more.

Really? Excellent!

Don't mean to be spamming the thread, so apologies about the double post, but having trouble getting the spotify app on my mobile. I have premium working perfectly on the pc. I followed these instructions in the link below but it still wont let me download it. I think I need a US itunes account? Can anyone she some light?

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291548

[edit] Got a lend of a Canadian itunes account and still can't download the app. When I search on the appstore it's not there. When I go to m.spotify.com and click the download link, it just brings me to the mobile itunes page or says 'this cannot be completed' or something. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pabzzz

Looks like it's officially coming to Ireland soon :D

Online music service Spotify is reportedly on its way to Ireland and Australia. It’s expected that the service’s arrival to these regions will be announced this week

Source: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/26396-spotify-coming-to-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

I think Spotify is greats works great for me, although the ads between songs can be annoying sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I have been using a great workaround for awhile now:
    1)Must have Irish Paypal account
    2)Create a UK Paypal account (Google an address - no need to add card details)
    3)Send money from Irish Paypal to UK account
    4)Now sign up for Spotify unlimited/premium using funds available in Paypal account.
    5)Enjoy

Works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Pabzzz wrote: »
    Looks like it's officially coming to Ireland soon :D

Source: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/26396-spotify-coming-to-ireland/
    Was there any other news after that? The week is well up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Sniipe wrote: »

Judging by how many times it was 'launching soon' in the US before it finally did, we could be waiting a while.

Logging in and out of a UK VPN every few weeks is getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I've been a customer of the premium for years and this month my monthly payment failed. No prob with my card so maybe they're coping onto Irish users before the launch here. Miss it on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Same thing happened to me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuburbanHomeboy

Me too. Have a message about a payment failure and am invited to pay but keep getting an error. It seems to have changed my account to a free one so I can still use it, (on laptop only, ipod won't work) which is something. Haven't been on it much today so don't know if and with what frequency the ads will kick in. But my life flashed before my eyes when I thought it was gone forever. I'd agree that it does look like they are getting ready for a proper launch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got around it by doing the US PayPal thing mentioned earlier. As a longer term thing I'm trying the free trial of Deezer and it's pretty good. Lovely iPad app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 IrishGeordie

Sounds pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Sniipe wrote: »

No news at all after that very strange.Your better off to use my method above in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

No news at all after that very strange.Your better off to use my method above in the meantime.

I tried your method and when I try to change my country to the UK using the UK paypal account I made, It says I need to link a debit or credit card to the paypal account to continue.

Did you have this issue? If so, how did you get around it?

(I initially set up a free spotify usa account using unblock-us btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I tried your method and when I try to change my country to the UK using the UK paypal account I made, It says I need to link a debit or credit card to the paypal account to continue.

Did you have this issue? If so, how did you get around it?

(I initially set up a free spotify usa account using unblock-us btw)

I have the exact same problem :(

AFTER i sent money to my new UK paypal account. :mad:

Advertisement