Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh yeah, oh sweet, sweet victory!

Options
  • 10-03-2009 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

drakes.jpg

It's bigger than everyone else's too:

drakes2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes... Krasus Landing is bigger than everyone elses patio too

Wait, what am I looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Proto-drakes are like sooo 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

My excuse for not going after Drake achievements is that Swift Flight Form is a million times better and I'd never use them. :) Knowing my luck they'll bring in new Flight Forms for achievements just to annoy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Love the proto-drake look and desperately want one on my main, doing the eggs since December on him....

so obviously it dropped for my alt on his second egg >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hopefully get my glory of raider this week, spent 4 hours on monday trying sart 3 drake 10 man we were so close, it really is an awsome achievement to try for, more of a challange than Sunwell was imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Congratulations on that :)

I'm very jealous. What exactly do you do for that mount? Havnt really looked at the high end achievements, closest I've gotten is I'm one leader away from a war bear on my horde DK, although I hear you can just buy the fooking bear now for 100 gold lol.

I'm very jealous. What exactly do you do for that mount? Havnt really looked at the high end achievements, closest I've gotten is I'm one leader away from a war bear on my horde DK, although I hear you can just buy the fooking bear now for 100 gold lol.

Their both luck mounts nothing really achieved, first one drops in Utgarde Pinacle has about 1% drop rate and second is from an egg which you have to build up rep to attain think it's about 4% drop rate and has a 7day cool down before you can buy another one,

if you want a proto i suggest going for the red one which you repuire doing heroics, it does take quite awhile since their's so many of them,

Don't bother with the glory of the raider and heroic one if your not in a very good guild, those mounts are 310% and are very hard to get, put off my the fact that you need to do naxx without anyone dying (and DC'ing :( ) during a boss encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

second that .

tho i think its 600 for the stupid bear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I got the red proto drake a few wees ago now, very very easy to get to be honest. The only hard achievement is less-rabi which is un glitchable anymroe so you have to do it the proper way which is completely dependant on lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

There are silly green/blue/red proto drakes all over the place but only a select few of us have 310% black ones :P

I cant wait for these new Ulduar drakes though, they look amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, the drake is from Mysterious Egg.

It's pure luck, rather than something you have to work for, but I'm damned happy with it. I think it looks the best in the game, so I'd probably use it over any achievement mounts I may or may not get in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Got my Glory of the Hero proto drake last night after Dehydration decided to spawn in VH for the first time in a month. Stupid rng factors in acheivements.

As was said, its really not that hard apart from the occulus ones which we spent about 3 or 4 days between timed and all-dps runs. Less-rabi isnt as hard as people make out, just make sure you have a mage counterspelling the 3rd transform as this will interrupt him for 8s, more than any other interrupt.

Still failing on Immortal, been up to saph and KT with it twice now and fail fail fail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

graaats lee

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »
    Got my Glory of the Hero proto drake last night after Dehydration decided to spawn in VH for the first time in a month. Stupid rng factors in acheivements.

As was said, its really not that hard apart from the occulus ones which we spent about 3 or 4 days between timed and all-dps runs. Less-rabi isnt as hard as people make out, just make sure you have a mage counterspelling the 3rd transform as this will interrupt him for 8s, more than any other interrupt.

Still failing on Immortal, been up to saph and KT with it twice now and fail fail fail :(

Gratz mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

KilOit wrote: »
    Their both luck mounts nothing really achieved, first one drops in Utgarde Pinacle has about 1% drop rate and second is from an egg which you have to build up rep to attain think it's about 4% drop rate and has a 7day cool down before you can buy another one,

if you want a proto i suggest going for the red one which you repuire doing heroics, it does take quite awhile since their's so many of them,

Don't bother with the glory of the raider and heroic one if your not in a very good guild, those mounts are 310% and are very hard to get, put off my the fact that you need to do naxx without anyone dying (and DC'ing :( ) during a boss encounter.

Again if you are in a good guild one DC on a boss fight shouldnt **** things up. if your healers are ready for it, and there is good communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dunno, i found the occulus ones rather easy, apart from the all bronze drake one, but after a few hours on wiping we worked it out. The less-rabi one for our group was by far the hardest as 2 of the group live in japan and have quite high latency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Anti wrote: »
    I got the red proto drake a few wees ago now, very very easy to get to be honest. The only hard achievement is less-rabi which is un glitchable anymroe so you have to do it the proper way which is completely dependant on lag.

Occ since the patch is one annoyingly stupid bastard of an achievment.

Less-rabi is stupidly easy, I mean we did it with a prot warrior / ele shammy / warlock (pvp spec) and me dk.
    Although I have to admit the 4th interupt was something silly on our behalf :D
    We've been up to sapph and had a dc when running behind iceblock for immortal :( We drop 4dps for it and stack it with extra healers, dont know if other guilds are trying this.

Lee have you done 10man 3D yet?

psycho got a screeny of you on the black proto ?

sunzz wrote: »
    We've been up to sapph and had a dc when running behind iceblock for immortal :(

I feel your pain. Heres a quick check for all you DKs out there.

Q. You have cleared all of nax25 without a single death (including 2 disconnects on bossfights - go healers!) and you are pulling saph with full party frost resist to make it smoother. For this fight, you wont be tanking so do you:

A. go in after the tank, hold back on dps and ramp it up for a run of the mill saph kill
    B. Maybe take a few chances and be blasè with the ice blocks, but your pro so you can handle it

or

C. Stay in frost presence, pull aggro and get half the raid cleaved

If you answered A or B, then feel free to apply as were looking for a new DK offtank!

Lee have you done 10man 3D yet?
    Yeh, we did it once for the achivement and dont bother with it anymore. If your doing 25man 3d then its not a huge step up. Just stack the raid with either melee or ranged and wait for appropriate waves:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

got myself a grand war mammoth from a voa10 raid roll last week.

only seen 1 other one so far on my server. an alliance one
    wowscrnshot031009224525.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Booooo Somnia, biggest pack of ****in idiots known to man, Gz on mount. If only my alli ass could hitch a ride on it ;D

• Advertisement

whats your ally toons name again? ill look for you in dalaran.

my dk is shadowkníght
    my warr is copes (with mount)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

"Nihlathak" is my DK's name but i rarely play him these days due me being bored alot and having nothing to do, so im usually slowly leveling up my shammy which is called "Madjake". :D

Got my 310% drake today, happy days

protox.jpg
    w1454.png

hasnt got a patch on my retro 60%

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

i hate you guis, as much as i'd like a rare mount, i just find the whole protodrake thing stupid, as the only place ppl really see it is in the landing area, least back in TBC ppl could see you flying round shath. Best mounts ingame for me are the rare ground ones, either ZG mount (Depending if your horde or alliance) or the AQ one.... which on kazzak.... is getting rather popular these days :s . The hog and 18k mammoth are awesome too imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Are ahn'qiraj battle tanks only use-able in AQ? Cause was 99.999995% sure tht was the case but i saw one in SOTA yesterday :-o any end-game vanilla raider able to check this out with their mount?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

magicianz wrote: »
    Are ahn'qiraj battle tanks only use-able in AQ? Cause was 99.999995% sure tht was the case but i saw one in SOTA yesterday :-o any end-game vanilla raider able to check this out with their mount?

id like to know if the aq mount can be got again ?
    i saw one in org yesterday and was wondering if it was one of the origional winners of the mount or just somone exploiting a bug ? :p hehehehe

it's the Black Qiraji mount which is extremely rare and classed as legendary, you can still get it on new servers but only 1 can get it,

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21176

only a few dozen exist in wow, probably one of the rarest items you can get.

magicianz wrote: »

You get the legendary version for being the first person on a realm to open the AQ Gates. Unlike the normal ones, this one can be ridden outside of AQ and has been said is probably one of the rarest things in wow.

Officially, Only 2 are available per realm (1 horde, 1 alliance) but theres a way around this. If you complete the questline up to the point where you have to bang the gates to open them on your own (post-aq) server, you can transfer to a fresh realm where the gates have NOT opened yet. Once there you wait for the event to conclude and you can go to the gates and open them with your sceptre and recieve the mount.
    it's the Black Qiraji mount which is extremely rare and classed as legendary, you can still get it on new servers but only 1 can get it

Im not 100% about this but i think thats not true. Once the gates have been gonged with the sceptre, they dont open for a few hours. Before they open, i think anyone else with the finished questline can use the sceptre and get the mount. Think this is why blizz arent opening anymore pre-aq fresh realms. I could be wrong tho.
    Got my 310% drake today, happy days

Gratz dude:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, anyone can hit the gong until the gates open and gain the mount. I'm actually kinda surprised they havent opened up the other mounts to be useable in the rest of Azeroth/Outlands. Seems exactly the kinda thing Blizzard would do and would revitalise alot of trips to AQ 40 :p

Advertisement