Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else got issues with Irish Broadband?

Options
  • 10-03-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Been months I have issues with this provider, I am paying an insane premium 85.05 euro /month for their 4MB and I am seriously fed up.

- I cannot connect to cPanel on ports 2189/2196...
    - I cannot connect to FTP servers on ports 21...I have got lots of timeouts, a nightmare.
    - I cannot properly browse youtube, timeouts, slow
    - Many websites I cannot access, they just timeout. I use a proxy server, I have got super fast access.
    - I have done everything to troubleshoot the issues and I came to the conclusion all my equipment is functionning properly.
    - I tried without my switch, direct connection to laptop/desktop => same issue.
    - I changed my switch, router, PC, network cars (Several brands), cables = same issue

I contacted the technical support which keeps saying everything is normal
    I contacted the sales department which is just ignoring my gentle queries as I am just asking if they are planning to improve the service.

Last year as a matter of test I stopped paying them for 3 months, they have not even bothered sending me a letter at least, they have not noticed. And I was still online after 3 months...
    I paid everything back on the 4th month.

I do have a strong feeling nobody has a clue of anything in this company. And even since they have been bought by this other ISP last year, the Aerial broadband is still managed by the old crew.

I am hearing crazy stories with other providers too, so I feel a bit stuck to say the least.

Anyone else got issues too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Any idea what tower you're off?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I tried to order wireless breeze service a few weeks ago. Called them after work on the friday at about quarter to 6 but the lines were closed, called them on saturday but the sales team doesn't open on saturday. Called them on monday, ordered the service, was told they would do a line of sight test and they'd be in touch. Heard nothing for 2 weeks, called them last friday and was told they were waiting for an engineer to become available to do an instalation and they'd call me back. Waited until tuesday, sent them an email to ask if there was any update, they said "you missed your installation appointment because we could not get in contact with you, phone us back to arrange another appointment"

I phoned them up and was told my house failed the line of sight test and I couldn't get wireless to my house (which is on a huge hill overlooking the whole town)

I sent them an email to confirm if what I was told over the phone is correct and they have yet to reply.

This is the sales team!! If this is the service you get when you try to set up a new account, I can't imagine what they'll be like with after sales service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Mick,
    What tests have you done with support? What have they checked?
    You said you directly connected your laptop / PC to the POE box, this this even at least improve the problem?

Is your problem with FTP not being able to connect or getting timeouts etc, have you tried changining the connrection type into passive mode?

I am on IBB connection and have no problems with anything here, xbox, 4 clients pc/laptop, server and running a vpn back to my work office. I also FTP etc so have no problems there with cPanel.

Do you know what tranmitter you are off?is it FWA, Ripwave or do you have DSL (I presume its one of the wireless options)

Another quick suggestion is going onto your router and changing the MTU size down to 1480 for testing purposes and see if that improves the issue.

Advertisement