Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL last 16 second leg matches

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

[QUOTE
    I hate chelsea[/QUOTE]

Surely you should hate the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Glad to see Munchen scraping a narrow win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

redout wrote: »
    Bayern Munich's 12-1 aggregate win over sorry Sporting is the biggest margin of victory in Champions League history.

To be fair they had two games to achive that :p Liverpool still hold the record for a one game winning margin 8-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

mike65 wrote: »
    To be fair they had two games to achive that :p Liverpool still hold the record for a one game winning margin 8-0

Man Utd and Bayern hold the biggest knockout stage record win 7-1 against Roma and 7-1 against Sporting. Liverpools was achieved in the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Man Utd and Bayern hold the biggest knockout stage record win 7-1 against Roma and 7-1 against Sporting. Liverpools was achieved in the group.

a gift from me to you

2325920887_b206236832.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

]

Bayern Munich are awesome this year. Bundesliga might finally be getting stronger :)

dont get too far ahead of yourself now, they thrashed a Portugeese team who forgot how to defend and whos keeper is apparently afraid to put his hand near the ball!

hardly a stern test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bayern will be one to be avoided in the next round, methinks.

I don't agree to be honest. If we are lucky enough to get through, I'd rather Bayern than any of the English sides and Barca. Really only Villarael are easier. I'd be happy to get Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

PHB wrote: »
    I don't agree to be honest. If we are lucky enough to get through, I'd rather Bayern than any of the English sides and Barca. Really only Villarael are easier. I'd be happy to get Bayern.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

There are going to be no easy games in the next round. Villareal did very well to hold their nerve in that environment after conceding an equalizer on the night. They have experienced players in that squad, and a couple who were very close to the final in 2006.

The weakest Quarter Final team is likely to be whichever of Athletico or Porto progress tomorrow. And even then, Athletico showed a lot of class and guts to beat Barca a few weeks ago in La Liga; and Porto have a clever coach and an intimidating home stadium. I guess the semis will look like:

Liverpool
    Bayern
    Athletico
    Villareal
    Chelsea
    Utd
    Arsenal
    Barcalona

Sure, some teams are weaker than others. But no team is weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

+1 on the Bayern. Thye've beaten a mediocre Portuguese team who knew the tie was over before they even played tonite. I'd fancy anyone to beat them in the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Hasta final, ¡Villarreal!

Would be amazing to see them go all the way. Super club.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

The weakest Quarter Final team is likely to be whichever of Athletico or Porto progress tomorrow. And even then, Athletico showed a lot of class and guts to beat Barca a few weeks ago in La Liga;

Atletico Madrid going forward can destroy any side. Ask Barca two weeks ago and Real Madrid last week. Kun Aguero and Forlan backed up by Maxi Rodriguez tore them to shreds. Real escaped with a point but anyone who watched on saturday night would tell you they were lucky not to have conceded 4 or 5. Poor finishing is what saved Real Madrids blushes. Barcelona were not so lucky and were hit for four. Atletico's problem lies in their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lolers, after one of the Bayern goals in the second half Moller hopped into the stands behind the goal and enjoyed a snog with some decent looking bird. I assume it was his girlfriend / partner or some such - but either way, well done that man!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jesus, lookin at some of Bayern's goals here
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2198044/

Sporting's defense was absolutely f*cking GASH! (Trainspotting reference) :eek:

Just shocking... ridiculous

Goal.com

Florent Sinama-Pongolle is reported to be starting tonight ahead of Diego Forlan, who is only on the bench ! Dont get that at all unless an injury just happened since this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Juve brought a huge crowd of around 20000 to turin...

coventry had a bigger crowd vs chelsea :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Roma missing Mexes, De Rossi, Cassetti, Cicinho Perotta. Doubts over Totti, Aquilani and Pizarro.

2/1 for Arsenal is a gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Arsenal team to play Roma: Almunia, Sagna, Clichy, Toure, Gallas, Nasri, Denilson, Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner, Van Persie.

Totti, Vucinic start. Aquilani on bench for Roma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

playa3 wrote: »
    Aquilani on bench for Roma
    I think I'll lump on Arsenal so. Perrotta, De Rossi and Aquilani is Roma's first choice midfield and they're all out.

Barca v Lyon

Valdes, Daniel Alves, Marquez, Pique, Sylvinho; Xavi, Yaya Toure, Iniesta; Messi, Eto'o, Henry

Lloris; Clerc, Cris, Boumsong, Grosso; Juninho, Toulalan, Makoun; Delgado, Ederson; Benzema

• Advertisement

Henry scores 2 in 2 mins to put the tie to rest effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Tot el camp
    és un clam
    som la gent blaugrana
    Tant se val d'on venim
    si del sud o del nord
    ara estem d'acord, ara estem d'acord,
    una bandera ens agermana.
    Blaugrana al vent
    un crit valent
    tenim un nom el sap tothom:
    Barça, Barça, Baaarça!

Jugadors, seguidors,
    tots units fem força.
    Son molt anys plens d'afanys,
    son molts gols que hem cridat
    i s'ha demostrat, i s'ha demostrat,
    que mai ningu no ens podrà torcer.
    Blaugrana al vent
    un crit valent
    tenim un nom el sap tothom:
    Barça, Barça, Baaarça!

Messi's goal was SUBLIME. 4-0. Henry X2, Messi, Eto'o. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3-0 Barca

Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Xavi6 wrote: »
    3-0 Barca

Messi

4-1 buddy. :pac:

Indeed. 'Better than Torres' got the latest one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

An incredible 20 minute spell. Best I have seen them lay all season, maybe with the exception of the game vs Valencia. That being said, I reckon their ears are ringing from the bollocking Pep is giving due to conceding that goal at the death of the half.

Hopefully another 1 or 2 in the second half, but would be quite happy if they took the foot off the gas and relaxed, and coasted to a 4-1 victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Their ground only holds 28,000 and it was sold out. What's the problem there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The stadium they played the game in has a smaller capacity than the Coventry crows, Juve are playing in the Stadio Olimpico while the Della Alpi is redeveloped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The stadium they played the game in has a smaller capacity than the Coventry crows, Juve are playing in the Stadio Olimpico while the Della Alpi is redeveloped.

Really nice stadium as well. Saw them play a Serie B match there, good atmosphere. From all accounts the Delle Alpi was ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Fookin Eboue should have released it there, but decides to shoot it, when Nasri was free and waiting on the edge of the box. Argghhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Really nice stadium as well. Saw them play a Serie B match there, good atmosphere. From all accounts the Delle Alpi was ****

Yeah, all the fans agreed with that too. Running track was put into the Della Alpi and no athletics meeting could be held there, cos there was no warmup track. Ireland isn't the only country that makes feck ups on a grand scale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Running track ftl tbh.

New version is slimmed down, 41k capacity and crow on top of the pitch I believe. Nice.

Still remember watching Football Italia a good few years ago and there were less than 100 people there for some cup game

Still remember watching Football Italia a good few years ago and there were less than 100 people there for some cup game

That was the fog, no ?

A combination of the two but the match i'm thinking of was very foggy, very silent and very empty

Walcott on for Eboue, 15mins left. Come on the Arsenal!!!

LoL at Ibra there.

Fuking Muck !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Roma to win on penalties

Gunners into Extra-time. Lovely, another 30mins to look forward to.

• Advertisement

Picked up that Roma jersey for 25 euro in Lifestyle the other week. Feckin lovely so it is.

Finished 5-2 to Barca. Excellent second half, really open. Lyon were a different side.

Few points:
    Benzema over the 2 legs looked absolutely rubbish. Missed good chances in both legs which could have completely altered the outcome.

Barcas defense is appalling. Both goals were easily sorted out if they had a decent centre half when Puyol (and Milito) is injured. A better side than Lyon will exploit the defense time and again.

Messis workrate is incredible. Plenty tracking back tonight looking for the ball.

What was Juninho sent off for?

I worry every time Marquez gets anywhere near the ball.

Who works better together than Xavi and Iniesta.

Kris for Lyon is a handy player.

I now hope Barca avoid any of the English sides and hopefully draw Porto in the QFs

Picked up that Roma jersey for 25 euro in Lifestyle the other week. Feckin lovely so it is.
    I presume your slim otherwise I'm going to have horrible nightmares involving Xavi of Barca having bitch tits

gimmick wrote: »
    Finished 5-2 to Barca. Excellent second half, really open. Lyon were a different side.

Few points:
    Benzema over the 2 legs looked absolutely rubbish. Missed good chances in both legs which could have completely altered the outcome.

Barcas defense is appalling. Both goals were easily sorted out if they had a decent centre half when Puyol (and Milito) is injured. A better side than Lyon will exploit the defense time and again.

Messis workrate is incredible. Plenty tracking back tonight looking for the ball.

What was Juninho sent off for?

I worry every time Marquez gets anywhere near the ball.

Who works better together than Xavi and Iniesta.

Kris for Lyon is a handy player.

I now hope Barca avoid any of the English sides and hopefully draw Porto in the QFs

From the BBC
    The Lyon captain gets his marching orders and it's a second yellow card, this one for saying something to a Barca player lying injured on the floor.

I presume your slim otherwise I'm going to have horrible nightmares involving Xavi of Barca having bitch tits

Slim enough for a medium to fit nicely yeah

From the BBC
    The Lyon captain gets his marching orders and it's a second yellow card, this one for saying something to a Barca player lying injured on the floor.

Thought it was a straight red, and did not realise he was on a yellow, but if he was the above makes sense.

• Advertisement

Arsenal being outplayed here.

Slim enough for a medium to fit nicely yeah
    Fair play. I hate how teams aren't arsed to win matches in ET. You won't concede if you have 3 defenders back so take the risk FFS

Cant believe this stadium is hosting the Final. Reminds of Moscow last season. Stadiums with running tracks should be banned from hosting finals as they look awful and the atmosphere is dented because of the fans distance from the pitch. Anyone agree ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Anyone think away goals should be scrapped after 180 mins? Arsenal have 30 mins more to score an away goal than Roma did in the first leg. Not dissin the gunners, I hope they get through. Just a thought.

What game are you watching redout? Sure Roma were the better team in the first half of normal time. But we dominated the match in the second half. Pretty even in extra time so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement