Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25,000 worth of PR to win...

Options
  • 10-03-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Pigsback.com:
    Win an online campaign valued at over €25K!

To celebrate Curly adopting the Guaranteed Irish symbol, Pigsback.com is offering one Irish brand the opportunity to win an online campaign valued at over €25K - including one month's competition, newsletter sponsorship, a featured article in Checkout Magazine and lots more!

To be eligible, you must be an Irish manufactured brand or supplied service, be willing for details of the brand performance to be published and not have run a campaign on Pigsback.com before.

To enter this competition, tell us what this opportunity would mean to your brand in no more than 250 words. Email your entry to marketing@pigsback.com before 31/3/09. The competition winner will be notified on or before 3/4/09 and will be announced in the April issue of Checkout Magazine.

About Pigsback.com

Pigsback.com has an active Irish member base of almost 300,000; generating over 1 million brand interactions every single week.

Curly was born and raised in Ireland and he couldn't be more proud!

So now, to show his true Irish roots, he's embraced the Guaranteed Irish symbol and has popped it on his t-shirt! Adopting this symbol means a lot to Pigsback.com and to our members too and to celebrate, Pigsback.com are giving one Irish brand the chance to win an online campaign.

Terms & Conditions

* To enter this competition you must be an Irish manufactured brand or supplied service
    * You must be willing for the details of the brand performance to be published
    * Entrants must not have run a campaign on Pigsback.com before
    * Entries must be no more than 250 words
    * Entries must be emailed to marketing@pigsback.com
    * Entries must be received before the 31st of March 2009
    * This offer is due to expire on Mar 30, 2009

I know it might be hard to phrase a club or NGB as a brand or supplied service, but it's do-able and the competition is open to non-profits. And it's 250 words, how hard could it be? :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Sparks wrote: »
    And it's 250 words, how hard could it be? :D

If ever threre was man who was handy with the few words, it has to be yourself.....away you go.....we're all behind you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You do know that's like going after a duck with only the one #6 pellet in the shotgun shell, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

I hate to be negative but there wouldn't be a chance in hell in winning.

The public see shooters as two types for people, "Gun Nuts" or people who kill poor defenseless animals.

No amount of PR is going to change that perception in our modern sanitised society. There is a strange emotional correlation between guns and fear, you hear people say they're afraid of guns but do you hear them being afraid of knives or bow and arrows.

Personally I have changed all of my friends attitudes to hunting by explaining the process logically and cooking game for them, they have funnily enough now become advocates for the sport, when they previously would have been anti.

See, here's my difficulty with that argument FS:
    No amount of PR is going to change that perception
    Personally I have changed all of my friends attitudes to hunting by explaining the process logically

What exactly do you think PR does other than exactly what you just did on a one-to-one scale?

Ten years of writing articles and doing PR for olympic shooting, and everyone can see the changes that have come about as a result. More PR would only help our community. We should be doing it all the time, and we should definitely be going for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Sparks wrote: »

What exactly do you think PR does other than exactly what you just did on a one-to-one scale?

Ok, my point wasn't communicated sufficiently. The effect of this one to one PR is due to the fact that I had a captive audience and people willing to listen and argue a point of the morality of killing an animal.

In the States, does the NRA have any effect upon the urban populations negative perception of guns? I don't think so.

On the other hand, some of the recent TV programmes from people such as Marco Pierre White and Kill it, Cook it, Eat it have had a very positive effect by illustrating the field to table process of hunting. As more people are concerned about the provenance of their meat, hunting will become increasingly more acceptable.

• Advertisement

And if hunting can overcome the Disney PR, why can shooting overcome it's PR problem as a whole, if we just did the work? And hell, €25k into that kind of effort can't hurt!

Advertisement