Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair/Shannon Question

Options
  • 10-03-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

flying out of shannon to manc next saturday....how long before takeoff would i want to be there....and what about handluggage. only going for one night so was haoping to bring toothpaste, roll on and hair gel with me??

thanks in advance

and i'm terrified of flying....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

Hi,
    With regards to the amount of time you would want to be there beforehand, wel check-in closes 40mins before the flight so you should be there about 1hours beforhand to give yourself time.
    Liquids must be in those clear bags which you can buy at the airport and they must be less the 100mls in size. Make sure you only have one piece of hand luggage at the boarding gate!!!
    If you are only bringing hand luggage then why not check-in online(only with an irish/EU passport) so you dont have to go to the check--in desk at Shannon airport, just go straight to security!!

Ps. i was on work placemnet there with Ryanair lthat why i know this stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They recommend 2 hours beforehand...if you have only handluggage you can checkin online and arrive around 30-40 mins before flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

thats sound lads, i might check in online altogether....can i buy these bags early on a saturday morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 beamwidth

Liquids dont have to be in the bags specifically bought at the airport.
    Dont bother buying one there. Go to your cupboard or supermarket, and get zip lock freezer/sandwich bags (20cmx20cm max - medium size in english! ) The charge at Shannon for 1 bag is about €1. You'll get a roll of them for that elsewhere.

As for web check-in, the gate closes 30 mins prior departure, so aim to get to the airport security at minimum 50 mins prior to the advertised departure time, this will be plenty
    Check on the DAA website for a list of restricted items.

Advertisement