Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girls nite out

Options
  • 10-03-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi everybody ,im new to this ,how often should you go out with your girl friends ,i was thinkin maybe once a month ???? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What? :confused::confused: However often you feel like, I sincerely hope you don't have a quota

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭xxxevelinexxx

bluewolf wrote: »
    What? :confused::confused: However often you feel like, I sincerely hope you don't have a quota
    a no, not like that ,i was just wanted to know if i was gettin old ...thats normaily only when we get a chance :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you like going out with your girl friends, do so whenever you want/have a chance. I don't get your comment about getting old. What's stopping you from doing so more often? Do you have children?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's absolutely no right or wrong answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

a no, not like that ,i was just wanted to know if i was gettin old ...thats normaily only when we get a chance :o

If I went out with them as often as once a month I'd feel fairly hectic...

more like once every few months, though that's in the pub sense[which I assume you meant], prefer meals or coffees or cinemas personally, bit more often

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    If you like going out with your girl friends, do so whenever you want/have a chance. I don't get your comment about getting old. What's stopping you from doing so more often? Do you have children?
    no thats the thing to ,they have chldren an i feel like im puttin pressure on then ,money been tight ect ect ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well the kiddies are the priority so - just go out with your friends whenever they're able to/up for it. I'm sure they'd love a night out every so often - unfortunately it can't be a regular occurrence though, or too mad (imagine: a hangover and a baby :eek:). They'll know you're not putting pressure on them since you're their friend - they effectively call the shots anyway whether you put pressure on or not. It's ultimately the baby's call. :D

And on the other hand, seeing as they're now mothers, you're not letting them down by not going out with them often. And you definitely shouldn't feel a duty to go out with them a certain amount. Maybe call into them, meet them for lunch etc - don't just focus on going out drinking.
    And it's got nothing to do with you "getting old" - they've children, going out all the time is over.

Dudess wrote: »
    Well the kiddies are the priority so - just go out with your friends whenever they're able to/up for it. I'm sure they'd love a night out every so often - unfortunately it can't be a regular occurrence though, or too mad (imagine: a hangover and a baby :eek:). They'll know you're not putting pressure on them since you're their friend - they effectively call the shots anyway whether you put pressure on or not. It's ultimately the baby's call. :D

And on the other hand, seeing as they're now mothers, you're not letting them down by not going out with them often. And you definitely shouldn't feel a duty to go out with them a certain amount. Maybe call into them, meet them for lunch etc - don't just focus on going out drinking.
    And it's got nothing to do with you "getting old" - they've children, going out all the time is over.
    your dead rite thanks for that :D maybe i think to much ,:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MeMyself&I

I like to go out on a proper night about once a month, but every tuesday we call to each others houses (take it in turns), either for dinner, nibbles, cuppa, or glass of wine. The craic is good, and we can all keep up with each others news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

* Girls Night Out
    *getting
    *normally
    *Capitolisation

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Vinta81 wrote: »
    * Girls Night Out
    *getting
    *normally
    *Capitolisation

*Capitalisation

See, we can all do it.

OP, as dudess said. If you let them know that you'd like to go out with them, when they want(or are able) to, then you've done all you can. I wouldn't worry too much about feeling bad about not seeing them when their priorities have probably shifted to a certain extent, now that they have kids.

Also, MeMyself&I makes a good suggestion. It doesn't have to be big nights out all the time. Dropping over, or inviting them over, for coffee or a glass of wine and a chat can be a great, and maybe easier on them, way to keep in touch more regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

whenever i get a chance really.. it also depends on the friend sometimes too:pac:

MJOR wrote: »
    whenever i get a chance really.. it also depends on the friend sometimes too:pac:
    my little sis always sayes that

Advertisement