Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to transfer credit from one SIM to another?

• 10-03-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Well, is it?

For example, if I've €10 credit on my SIM is there anyway I can "send" €5 of this to my friend's mobile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're both on Vodafone prepay yes, otherwise no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Perhaps there is a business opportunity here. I text a premium number and someones mobile number and they receive x% of that amount in credit, whatever network they are. You could even make it work across countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ardmacha wrote: »
    Perhaps there is a business opportunity here. I text a premium number and someones mobile number and they receive x% of that amount in credit, whatever network they are. You could even make it work across countries.
    I don't really think so to be honest. As soon as someone sets up the business the networks will bring it in, undercut them and make money from it instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

As soon as someone sets up the business the networks will bring it in, undercut them and make money from it instead.

Networks could easily provide this for their own customers, as Vodafone have done, but not across networks. That said I won't be quitting the day job to set this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sreejith

a
    phenomenon wrote: »
    Well, is it?

For example, if I've €10 credit on my SIM is there anyway I can "send" €5 of this to my friend's mobile?

• Advertisement
Advertisement