Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Updating from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1

• 10-03-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an iphone bought in O2 running on 1.1.4. When I bought it I jailbreaked(?) it with iLiberty+ to put installer on it to run 3rd party apps. Now with the app store I was just wondering can I update this to the legit 2.2.1 update without any problems? I dont need to jailbreak it again.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭CivilEx

moorele wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an iphone bought in O2 running on 1.1.4. When I bought it I jailbreaked(?) it with iLiberty+ to put installer on it to run 3rd party apps. Now with the app store I was just wondering can I update this to the legit 2.2.1 update without any problems? I dont need to jailbreak it again.

Thanks in advance.
    If you update in iTunes then any jailbreak / unlock will be broken and the phone will revert to it's original lock so if the phone was originally O2 Ireland, then you will only be able to use an O2 sim in it going forward. Make sure you backup the phone first

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

Its on O2 anyways... I just wanted to make sure the fact it has been previously jailbreaked wont effect it. Only reason it was jailbreaked before was to load installer for 3rd party apps but I can get most of the stuff i need through the App store now so no need for the jailbreak.

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Once you update the firmware you can jailbreak it again.

Advertisement