Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge: Recommendation for a family doctor and dentist

Options
  • 10-03-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Having just moved to Newbridge, but looking for a family Doctor And also a Dentist to register with, who are taking new patients and have a good manner with children.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I use Youngs dentist above Youngs chemist in the middle of the town. Very good people up there. They do not have a credit card machine so you have to deal in cash. Not a bad thing but a pain in a rush.

You might struggle to get a family doctor still taking pateints. Avoid Dr. Ramadan behind McDonalds. Excellent doctor and good with kids, but he is a poor time keeper and does not hire good staff. They just file a record away and never, ever, follow up on any tests or referals. You have to keep pestering them to get it right and even then it is hit and miss.

Our family are in Dr. Mary O'Doherty / Dr Micheal McDonal just behind Finlay Ford. Very good but I know they were not taking any new pateints. 60 a pop.

Dr Caffry down behind the Keg/Johnsons pub at the bridge. He is in the medical centre there. You can see it on the road when approaching the bridge from College side. He was taking new patients up to 2 months ago. 50 a pop. He is very good and I was with him before all family kept together in Dr O'Doherty.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

second that for dr mcdonnell
    i used to go to arthur phelan(dentist) across from the post office, there was a mr cashman there, very nice and very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Dr Ramadan, at the crescent. He's a fellow of the RSI and an excellent doctor. He does not take medical cards in case you have one.

Dentist, Dr James Hamilton in Naas, across from Marks and Spencer. He was the top dentist in his year and very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mohenley

Hi

Does anyone know of a good doctor in Newbridge. I registered with Dr Ramadan but I can never seem to get through to him on phone so just wondering if there are any other doctors that could be recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

very hard to get a dcotor in Newbridge that will take on new patients.

I would recommend Doctor Ramadan,excellent and fantastic with kids.The wife is with him and swears by him.

Im with Doctor Healy in the moorfield medical centre who is great but im not sure if they are taking on new patients.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the Roseberry Clinic in Newbridge is like (out by Newbridge College)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

Roseberry Clinic it is just the doctor he is good but be warned if you are reg somewhere else he will suggest you stay with them. He is friendly efficent etc and will not always charge i.e for a repaet if feels he has not done anything.

Hi, just wondering if you know if it is possible to move doctors in Newbridge and if any new doctors are recommended? I am with Dr Ramadan but it is impossible to get a sat appointment and he only does 9 - 6 hours which is near impossible for me as i am working 1hr 15 min drive away.

Advertisement