Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason not given for locking a thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Terry wrote: »
    If you're ever curious as to any modding decision made in AH, feel free to PM me.
    If it wasn't done by me, I'll ask the mod who did do it.
    I've no problem answering any questions. I doubt the other mods do either. Just don't PM them on my word.

If the green light is on, I'm on-line and will get back to you ASAP.

Same here. We can see who locked a thread/deleted a post etc. and can pass on the question and/or give you an idea of why it was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

javaboy wrote: »
    Same here. We can see who locked a thread/deleted a post etc. and can pass on the question and/or give you an idea of why it was done.

Jaysus lads, i am not too bothered one way or another why a particular thread is locked, the point i am trying to make is that locking a thread without even a one line post by the mod will only lead to the same silly threads/posts happening again and again.

By giving a reason why it is locked, it will eventually cut down on the messing that led to it being locked in the first place.

Sending PM's to one another wont clarify the issue for the users who create or post in the thread that causes the mods stress.

I know there is a lot of traffic in AH and its a pain to moderate but maybe my suggestion will make your jobs a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, i am not too bothered one way or another why a particular thread is locked, the point i am trying to make is that locking a thread without even a one line post by the mod will only lead to the same silly threads/posts happening again and again.

By giving a reason why it is locked, it will eventually cut down on the messing that led to it being locked in the first place.

Considering people don't read the charter, stickies, post #4 in this thread ;) etc. what are the chances of them taking much notice of the reason given for locking a thread?

But yeah fair point. It probably does help.
    Sending PM's to one another wont clarify the issue for the users who create or post in the thread that causes the mods stress.

I know there is a lot of traffic in AH and its a pain to moderate but maybe my suggestion will make your jobs a bit easier.

You're right. Long term, it might make the job easier if there are less people making the same mistakes.

Short term, it will make the job harder as there is more work to be done.

As I said earlier, I try to leave a comment when closing but I won't make any promises and where it is blatantly obvious why the thread's being locked, I probably won't post.

Advertisement