Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homes needed

Options
  • 10-03-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

homes needed for adorable pups, galway area, dobermann dalmation mix,
    now 5 weeks old, mostly black in colour
    good homes only
    get in touch if interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

liz2000 wrote: »
    homes needed for adorable pups, galway area, dobermann dalmation mix,
    now 5 weeks old, mostly black in colour
    good homes only
    get in touch if interested

Hope you'll get your dog neutered/spayed to prevent this happening again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

not my dog but my cousins, ya she is a breeding dalmation who escaped and hooked up with their neighbors dobie,
    my dogs are neutered
    anyways if anyone is interested get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do they cost money or are they free?

hi
    the vet recommended 50 euro as both parents are IKC reg and of very good bloodlines but at this stage as not many people buyin pups at the moment im sure that as long as a good home is offered then they will prob be free

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

any pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Hi Liz have you considered contacting a rescue to ensure all pups go to good homes?. Any good rescue does home checks before rehoming.

tryin to attach pics of pups hopefully this will work
    ok seems to have
    anyway the pups are bigger than this now, will try to update the pics, pc is acting up, anyway they will grow quiet big, somethin to bear in mind and rescue centres will be contacted too to see if they can be of any help as pups started eatin solids yesterday and so are ready now
    and the poor mom is gettin quiet tired of it all now:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

5 weeks old
    pups started eatin solids yesterday and so are ready now

They are nowhere near ready! Pups need to be a minimum of 8 weeks before they leave their mother.

according to the vet, they are ready to be on solids now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I love dobermans (dobermen?) but my wife reckons they'll maul our kids if and when we have any. Do they have a good temperament?

I think €50 is an awkward price. They may have good parents and look gorgeous but they're still, technically, mongrels. I guess the price tag might deter people who aren't really serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

They may be ready to be on solids but they are not ready to leave their mother until they are 8 weeks old.

Your vet doesn't sound the best, €50 for a mongrel and ready to leave at 5 weeks old?

Price tag doesn't deter anything. We have purebreds that people pay hundreds for come in all the time. Price means nothing in our disposable society.

I'd advise you to start contacting rescues now while you still have 3 weeks to go, give them some notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Titania

They're definitely not ready to be rehomed at 5 weeks, but it's good to look for potential parents at this stage as elements of their personalities might be beginning to show more strongly. Plus it could take a while to rehome them.

I wouldn't have a problem with a E50 tag for a mongrel, as it covers costs such as vaccines and food etc. However, that's just me. I don't think it's a good idea to ask for any money if you're seriously trying to find good homes for these little creatures. It seems to be a big enough litter from the photo, so it'll be hard enough finding homes for all of them, especially as they're going to be big dogs when they grow up.

My advice would be to contact rescues NOW rather than in three weeks time when you haven't found enough homes.

ok just to clarify, these arent my pups but my cousins pups, i not sure about doberman as the dalmation is her dog, the dalmation is lovely with very gentle temperment, cousin said doberman is gentle too, any dog can be agressive if unstable, if treated right from the begining , i think most do fine regardless of breed, i think dobies can be quiet protective though, not sure, anyway she prob would let them go free if the prospective home was the right one, she just wants them to have a nice life as pets not guard dogs or anythin like that, im just giving her a hand with the rehoming thing as I have net access and would also of course like to see the pups go to the right place,
    the pups are runnin around playin and barkin a bit, they are cute but will be big when fully grown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

according to the vet, they are ready to be on solids now

I never said anything about whether they are ready to be on solids. If you read my post, I said they are not ready to leave their mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

just rang me girlfriend and she said she would go to limerick now to get one but the 5 weeks age is a bit low to be honest.

i did read ur post actually, vet told me that they would be fine to be rehomed now, 5 weeks was my estimation maybe they a couple of weeks older, anyway, the mommy dog is distressed and wont feed them anymore and they are weaned off her and that is prob why the vet said that they would be fine to be rehomed,,, im sure if anyone out there was really interested in any of these guys , then my cousin would hold on to them until the pick up,,
    anyway what more can i say, just tryin to help rehome them thats all,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Well done Liz for helping your friend to find homes for the pups.

And starting to look for homes now at 5 wks is agood idea because it gives time for people to see them ect.

there are plenty of people who prefer to get a hybrid rather than a mongrel ( heinz 57 ) as they have some inclination as to how the pups will turn out. Both dalmations and dobermans are gorgeous dogs. and I've known peopl who've had dobie's and they've been soft as butter. Unfortunately the bad press brigade pounce on the breeds due to a minority that have been handled incorrectly.

best of luck finding homes.

€ 50 to cover vaccination and worming of pups is fair, and it shows people they have been minded right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

They are too young yet for their first vaccination.

At that age, a quarter of a Drontal tablet would do each pup, a Drontal tablet costs about €3.00.

They are not mongrels, they're crossbreeds.

A Dally x Dobie is going to be a BIG commitment - both breeds are very, very energetic and need a lot of space and exercise.

Even if it comes without a price tag, no pup is free... not if you're going to be a responsible owner and feed it properly and give it appropriate vet care.

Advertisement