Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dishwasher not cleaning properly

• 10-03-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Dishwasher is not cleaning properly when I put in pots, plates and bowls after I have mashed potato for dinner.
    All the pots, plates, glasses and cutlery seem to have little bits of dried in potato bits stuck on them.

This has happened several times and each time I check the salt, the rinse aid and the filter, which all seem fine.

It only happens when there is mashed potato involved and otherwise works perfectly.

HELP PLEASE as I hate washing up in the sink :( and the kids love their mash.

PS. the dishwasher is less than three years old

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have you removed the rotors and cleaned them?

Remove the filter and then the larger filter and clean thoroughly. Use the rinse cycle a few times to drain the machine. Also be sure that the travel/spin of the rotors is not being blocked by utensils during the wash cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Thanks for reply - no I have never removed rotors to clean. I presume if the problem was there that I would have a problem with all washes ?As I said in op it's just washes that involve mashed potato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mashed potato can set hard like concrete in saucepans if you just leave it .. just fill the pan with water as soon as you've served it, and let it saok while you're eating, then a quick wipe around the inside before you put it in the dishwasher. That's what I do anyway.

I'd still clean out the rotors though. You might just not be noticing it when you have a lighter load that's all. Lemon pips seem to be the main culprit for blocking the holes in the rotor arms and can be a PITA to get out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to pull out the rotors and check them. Not something I would have thought of. Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Its nothing to with the rotors - you cant put anything with mashed potato on it in the dishwasher. You need to rinse it off fully beforehand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement