Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much to build a house in drogheda

• 10-03-2009 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have just recieved planning permission to build a 2 storey 2.600 sq foot house.why anyone have an indication of costs or maybe recommened a good builder regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

How long is a pce of string..

Depending on site conditions and house type it can vary, but i would say €70 -80 sq/ft to builders finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

It just so happens that i am finishing up such a task near Drogheda.
    2,500ft sq. two 1/2 storey. top quality insulation, lights, doors etc...
    Cost was approx 250k +VAT for builders finish (i.e. not including bathrooms, kitchens etc but did include fitting of bathrooms.
    Nice finish, gardens levelled and surrounding walls built etc..
    I can pass a number to you, PM if interested.

gibo_ie wrote: »
    It just so happens that i am finishing up such a task near Drogheda.
    2,500ft sq. two 1/2 storey. top quality insulation, lights, doors etc...
    Cost was approx 250k +VAT for builders finish (i.e. not including bathrooms, kitchens etc but did include fitting of bathrooms.
    Nice finish, gardens levelled and surrounding walls built etc..
    I can pass a number to you, PM if interested.

what foundation, heating system and external wall finish did you have and what insulation was used around the house. Im thinking you have a few above average things in that house as the price is somewhat on the high side for a bog standard build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Any house not complete by June 30th has to comply with the new Part L regs . There is no place anymore for the bog standard

sinnerboy wrote: »
    Any house not complete by June 30th has to comply with the new Part L regs . There is no place anymore for the bog standard

the extra insulation alone to comply with part L and a set of solar wont push up the cost by 20 per sq ft.. Stone face, ufh a wraft foundation or an intricate dormer roof with natural slate would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

snyper wrote: »
    what foundation, heating system and external wall finish did you have and what insulation was used around the house. Im thinking you have a few above average things in that house as the price is somewhat on the high side for a bog standard build.

UFL - 7 zones
    Solar panels
    Oak Doors + Stairs (*18 doors and 2 sets of stairs)
    Power showers provided throughout
    reinforced foundation
    4inch kingspan insulation i believe
    Spotlights throughout basically
    gas heating and range
    outside walls are a roadstone brick in front and plastered and dashed other sides.

From my experience this price was more than good and payment terms are excellent.

Not sure where you are getting prices lower than this but i would be suprised if it was quality work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

sinnerboy wrote: »

What if there have been no references made to anything renewable on your plans, & these have been approved by planning.
    do you still have to comply?

You see, when we originally applied, we'd have had the majority of the house built by June, & therefore would have been exempt from Part L.
    But planning refused us (for no reason whatsoever, but we won't get into that here!!!), so we resubmitted the exact same plans (as there was nothing wrong with the originals)
    So, these plans were accepted, but they don't include solar, or anything like that.

what's our situation here, as we've no intention of installing solar.

If the answer is "yes, we have to comply", will an air-water heat pump comply? As I think it's looking likely we'll be installing one of these.

Thanks,
    BB

gibo_ie wrote: »
    UFL - 7 zones
    Solar panels
    Oak Doors + Stairs (*18 doors and 2 sets of stairs)
    Power showers provided throughout
    reinforced foundation
    4inch kingspan insulation i believe
    Spotlights throughout basically
    gas heating and range
    outside walls are a roadstone brick in front and plastered and dashed other sides.

From my experience this price was more than good and payment terms are excellent.

Not sure where you are getting prices lower than this but i would be suprised if it was quality work...

no, you have built more of a custom house, from what you stated there the price seems fair imo

Advertisement