Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISO Convertor Recommendations

• 10-03-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good .iso convertor?

Looking for something with a simple interface and that will have no issues if files are on external HD.

Thanks
    Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

What are you trying to convert them too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just mp4 so I can put on HD and watch via xbox 360 if possible.

On second thoughts I think my HD is partitioned so 4gb might be max size, would rule out most movies.

If you just wanted to play the videos on your computer, with a program like VLC Player, you can simply copy the biggest .vob files that are on the DVD. The movie is usually broken up into several vob files, but they will be the largest ones on the DVD.

I don't know if your Xbox will recognize them and going this route means you end up with several files for each movie. However, these can be joined together. I found a forum post that said you could rename the .vob files to .mpg and the Xbox might recognize them, they also had some other tips ( http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/83319.aspx ).

*If you go the above route, I would just try it with one file first, because they can be rather big

Another option would be to try DvdX ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVDx )

Edit: Not sure if DvdX offers a format supported by the Xbox though, but this looks promising (scribd.com/doc/12857859/How-to-convert-DVD-and-video-to-XBOX-360 )

Thanks Charles, gonna try the DVDx first and it that doesn't work I'll try the other option.

Cheers

Keith

Hope it works out, when you get it working, it might be a good idea to post what you did, so this can help others with the same problem :)

• Advertisement

Will do, will be a few days though. Will post back in this thread.

Tried the DVDx convertor there.

2 hr film.

Only 0.8% completed after 45 minutes, it's useless.

RTE will probably be showing it on TV before it converts!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

I use freeware MagicDisk to create a virtual drive on which you can run ISO images as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

I use DVDFab to convert DVDs to .ISO. Works a treat. You can also shrink the movie to DVD 5 size.

Advertisement