Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Developing a polaroid

• 10-03-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I hope I am posting in the right area here.

We recently had a momentous occasion with my daughter getting her first pair of shoes. Clarks offer a nice service whereby they take a polaroid of the child and give it to you as a momento!

In my case the dipstick in the shop then stuck a voucher on top of the polaroid and put them into a presentation card. When we got home, the voucher paper was welded to the polariod and I cant imagine being able to separate same without much damage to the photo.

Is there any way to re-develop a polariod? I know nothing about the technology, but am assuming that the negative is contained within the picture???

Any ideas please!!!

Cheers,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Any chance you could show us the polaroid? It sounds like either the shutter didn't fire or the chem capsule didn't pop open and spread, or a few other possibilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Any chance you could show us the polaroid? It sounds like either the shutter didn't fire or the chem capsule didn't pop open and spread, or a few other possibilities!

Hi!

No, the photo developed fine. It appears perfectly legible where you can see it. Basically, it looks like someone got a perfectly good polaroid and then superglued a piece of paper to the middle of the photo. When my wife tried to take the piece of paper off, most of it was left behind, stuck to the surface of the polariod.

Thanks,
    Jab

Aha, sorry, read your post completely wrong - just caught the 'redevelop' part - was in the middle of a stir fry :p

Try wetting the voucher with a cloth and peeling the rest of the voucher off slowly - It may or may not take it all off. Do you have access to a scanner?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Aha, sorry, read your post completely wrong - just caught the 'redevelop' part - was in the middle of a stir fry :p

Try wetting the voucher with a cloth and peeling the rest of the voucher off slowly - It may or may not take it all off. Do you have access to a scanner?

Hey, thanks man. Tried that with the water and it worked! I was afraid to try anything in case it might react with the photo initially!

Cheers!
    Jab

No bother - Glad it worked!

• Advertisement
Advertisement