Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any bargins on TomTom Xl's V2

• 10-03-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Finally going to dip my feet intothe land of GPS. The cheapest I have seen is on ebay for £140+15 shipping so approx €168. Up and down to the North a bit so if anyone has seen any good prices up that way in B&M shops let me know

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

That Airis you linked to eirlink, who's maps will run on that?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

it runs nav n go ( igo8 ) and this will run either navteq or teleatlas, however im not sure wha mapping this european model ships with. I need to get my hands on one to know for sure.

i am working on it....let you know as soon as i can.

UPDATE

it is using Teleatlas 2008.07 maps...and they are good

Thanks;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Hi Cubix, I'm also interested in a TomTom Xl's V2. (irl + europe) Let me know what you go for / which ebay seller you use.

I'm finding Pixmania the best so far. http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2254860/art/tomtom/xl-assist-for-europe-22-c.html
    (not sure it's v2)
    €185+delivery

cheers

• Advertisement

Starting to lean towards the Airis that Eirlink linked to in his post if it can take mainstream map updates;)

Advertisement