Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex and the city gave me this question

Options
  • 10-03-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Im watching sex and the city ATM and samantha was talking to Smith in her underwear- wearing red underwear and a lepord print bra

Just wondering how many of you gals out there wear matching undies every day?

Id wear black undies with a black bra maybe 2 days a week but mostly i mix and match, but i remember the first time i was with my bf in bed and he asked why i wasnt matching because men think women walk around matching 24/7 apparantly;)

Do you wear matching undies everyday? 121 votes

Yep- every day , no matter what!!
    0% 0 votes
    Sometimes, depends on the occasion
    6% 8 votes
    I just grab what i see
    40% 49 votes
    Other
    52% 64 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

depends on occasion:) would normally wear black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I used to just mis-match but lately I've been buying 1 bra and 2 pairs of undies that way I can wear matching.
    I like having matching pieces, but like Samantha, its fun to mix it up. I like the red and leopard print.. Its funky.

My Boyf prefers matchy matchy tho! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Matching 6 days out of 7.

The 7th day is washing day, and I live in fear of being hit with a bus on that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Completely depends on the occasion. I don't see the point on matching your underwear every day if you are the only person going to see them but i like printed underwear so if i wear a black bra it normally looks like a set.

I do however have a couple sets of "good" underwear that i keep aside and wouldn't wear day to day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

all matching black or all matching white.... and if its a special occasion, break out the good stuff... ;)

otherwise mix n match !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

leopard print is not funky

0502ananova.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Matching all the time :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Meh I have work bras and normal bras, life is too short for matching undies all the time...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

leopard print is not funky

0502ananova.jpg

Fair point!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I make the effort to wear matching underwear when I'm with my boyfriend (we're in an LDR), but otherwise I don't bother. I really like wearing matching stuff, but I don't have remotely enough casual matching underwear to wear it every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Just curious as to how you ladies manage to match the majority of the time?! I'd love to, but I probably wear a bra for a good 4/5 days before it needs to be washed etc. or swapped for a different colour due to outfits- so I'd only have the accompanying knickers from the set for one of these days. The rest I just wear anything from the drawer. Do y'all buy the matching knickers in bulk or what?! I do think matching sets look so much lovelier than, say, today's choice of a gorgeous silk number up top and a pair of red polka dot boy shorts down below :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Papillon87 wrote: »
    Just curious as to how you ladies manage to match the majority of the time?! I'd love to, but I probably wear a bra for a good 4/5 days before it needs to be washed etc. or swapped for a different colour due to outfits- so I'd only have the accompanying knickers from the set for one of these days. The rest I just wear anything from the drawer. Do y'all buy the matching knickers in bulk or what?! I do think matching sets look so much lovelier than, say, today's choice of a gorgeous silk number up top and a pair of red polka dot boy shorts down below :o

I tend to wear a bra for two days and have two - three pairs of knickers to match each bra that I buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i dont own matching stuff. granted, all my bras are black, and most of my undies are too. but that includes my boxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

nouggatti wrote: »
    I tend to wear a bra for two days and have two - three pairs of knickers to match each bra that I buy?

Two or three days?! Jeez! In fairness to myself, I had myself measured a couple of months ago and as a result none of my old bras are any good, I'm now a 30G or a 30FF so all the bras available to me are upwards of 45 Euro, thus I have about 4 that are in constant rotation, impoverished student and just don't have the money to buy any anymore. Ah well.

Papillon87 wrote: »
    Two or three days?! Jeez! In fairness to myself, I had myself measured a couple of months ago and as a result none of my old bras are any good, I'm now a 30G or a 30FF so all the bras available to me are upwards of 45 Euro, thus I have about 4 that are in constant rotation, impoverished student and just don't have the money to buy any anymore. Ah well.

Two at the most for bras, tbh, now I've a fairly massive collection of underwear (I'm a massive fan of M&S sales) and I've been the same size for four years (get measured every six months without fail, so I've built up a fair bit if that makes any sense?

As for spending 45e per bra, have you checked out figleaves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

How often do ye wash bras? I sometimes match, often don't though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

If you wear white tops you have to wear a naff 'beige/skin coloured' bra underneath and it's such a foul colour to wear matching coloured knickers makes one feel like such an aul granny. If I'm wearing black I'd wear matching coloured underwear but if it's a skin-tone bra, the knickers could be black, pink, blue, green etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Funny that this topic should come up today! Most days, I don't match -- I've got my bras on rotation as well, and most of my skivvies are prints that don't necessarily go with . . . well, anything. But today I just happened to be wearing a matching set, and when I got home after work, my OH commented how much he liked when I wore it.

But I can't match all the time, then it would be less remarkable when I did. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Sammag wrote: »
    If you wear white tops you have to wear a naff 'beige/skin coloured' bra underneath and it's such a foul colour to wear matching coloured knickers makes one feel like such an aul granny. If I'm wearing black I'd wear matching coloured underwear but if it's a skin-tone bra, the knickers could be black, pink, blue, green etc...

i've a lovely lacy beige bra, all delicate and nicely shaped. only beige bra i ever liked.

i love a nice satin red bra and knicker set. i think red always keeps well. i tend to match more these days as like everyone said i buy extra knickers.

*oooh bra/nicks shopping this weekend*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Matching 99% of the time; and in the unmatching 1% if they don't match they will at least be a complimenting colour.

I must admit to it being one of my little foibles:o

That, and I loves underwear;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I have the same bra issues! I have terrible trouble finding nice, decent bras, so I only have about four on rotation - there's no way I'd be able to match every day! That said, I only buy bras in black/white, so even if I'm not wearing the undies from the matching set, they will at least be the same colour :)

EDIT: And don't get me started on figleaves/bravissimo and the like. If someone could explain to me the point of making lovely bras for women with big boobs, but making the matching knickers in regular sizes ONLY, I'd be very grateful. It just absolutely riles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i only have a few sets of matching underwear, & theyre usually only worn for special reasons, or on a day when i want/need to feel really pretty :D

i have lots of underwear that accidentally matches.. the vast majority of it is black so black knickers with some black lacey bits will always go with a black bra with lacey bits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have 'sedate' matching for when I have to see the doctor (or am at real risk of being run over!), 'slutty' matching for when himself is in town and crumbled old mismatched stuff the other 95% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Sammag wrote: »

Agreed - skin tone knickers are mostly vile looking things, like some sort of surgical bandage.
    I have 'sedate' matching for when I have to see the doctor (or am at real risk of being run over!), 'slutty' matching for when himself is in town and crumbled old mismatched stuff the other 95% of the time.

/quick audit of undie drawer

yikes, the only matchy set i have is the one that gets saved for the big occasion of...a visit to the doctor.

Although, tbh, it's rare enough that i'll like both the bra and knickers in a set - what usually happens is the bra is lovely and fits perfectly, but the shop might only have the matching knickers in a g-string that looks like it could cut cheese, or one of those styles that has lovely lace but way too much sheer netting, or the seam is in the wrong place, or something. I'm a little fussy about my knickers!

Everyday I am a firm believer in boulder holding Doreens.
    Mismatched underwear can't make them look any uglier. :D
    It never occured to me to give a monkeys what my doc thinks of my briefs. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

match? only on a special occasion/when I know himself is going to be viewing, I don't care the rest of the time and I loathe shopping too much to go out and buy matching sets

Although, tbh, it's rare enough that i'll like both the bra and knickers in a set - what usually happens is the bra is lovely and fits perfectly, but the shop might only have the matching knickers in a g-string that looks like it could cut cheese, or one of those styles that has lovely lace but way too much sheer netting, or the seam is in the wrong place, or something. I'm a little fussy about my knickers!
    exactly, or the knickers are fine but the bra isn't a nice fit at all
    >(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Nah don't normally do matching for everyday- too much effort to have a root around the underwear drawer. Will however try to have a nice matching set on for himself though as we don't get to see each other that often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i always wear matching undies, have done so for years

even if noone other than me sees 'em, it makes me feel good

beauty from the skin out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

My doctor must be traumatised.... i never make th effort for him. I like bridget jones kidney warmers... gave up wearing thongs arond two years ago...i think they are basically smelly rope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

im wearing odd socks... my underwear matches today tho \0/!

Advertisement