Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex and the city gave me this question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

i match everyday i have to wear dull clothes to work everyday so i wear really nice mostly coloured underwear makes me feel good wash them together as don't want them to be different shades at this stage now i wouldn't feel right if they didn't match ( think i may have a problem) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

I just cannot wear mis matching undies...ever!!

i feel all wrong if i even attempt to mismatch! But then again i am quite anal in some regards of my life, hence the username!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

very rarely match tbh.... too much hassle.... most would be if they both happen to be black lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Rarely matching, if it's a special occasion I will of course make the effort and I'll make the effort every now and again if the matching bra and undies happen to be floating around at the top of a drawer. Other than that I just grab whatever is there.

The only thing I think about is whether I'm in the mood for granny pants or something a little more classy!

emo!! wrote: »
    im wearing odd socks...

I always do this and it drives people mental....especially the sock stealers who raid my drawer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Scorpio Girl

i only match when i think i might get lucky! the only thing i check when i'm going to dr is that nothing has ran into my underwear and instead of it being white it's that lovely pink colour!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I never wear matching underwear. I don't think I have matching underwear.

i only match when i think i might get lucky! !

Guys don't care if your underwear matches or not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mp1972 wrote: »
    Guys don't care if your underwear matches or not. :)

And who told you that?!

Bryn wrote: »
    And who told you that?!

No one needs to tell me...

• Advertisement

No one needs to tell me...

Sorry, didn't mean to sound smart in the last post!

But some guys do care, some don't aswell!

Bryn wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound smart in the last post!

But some guys do care, some don't aswell!

So, you're doing the deed, you've got her down to her underwear SHOCK, HORROR...IT DOESN'T MATCH!!!!! Do you go flaccid? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

So, you're doing the deed, you've got her down to her underwear SHOCK, HORROR...IT DOESN'T MATCH!!!!! Do you go flaccid? :p

hahaha . . . and to be honest, in that case, it should be the woman who's disappointed . . .

I never said that ;) I doubt it would do that to any guy to be honest! But a matching set are a much nicer site in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Nice to make the effort though anyway... It's not a dumpable offence, but men DO notice and they do appreciate it.

shellyboo wrote: »
    Nice to make the effort though anyway... It's not a dumpable offence, but men DO notice and they do appreciate it.

+1 Bingo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Yesh I make the effort when someone will see otherwise, no.

I don't wear matching socks most of th time either though.. just when someone will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Nice to make the effort though anyway... It's not a dumpable offence, but some nancy men boys DO notice and they do appreciate it.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

Hah. I vote'd other because usually i wear only one piece or the other but if both I match. Im small but purt so dont often wear a bra.

Finaly got my internets back at work. Gawd been months.

ntlbell wrote: »
    FYP

Nancy boys like seeing women in sexy underwear now? News to me.

Just commenting on my own experience, ntlbell... when I make the effort to wear matching stuff, my bf notices.

• Advertisement

Nancy boys like seeing women in sexy underwear now? News to me.

Just commenting on my own experience, ntlbell... when I make the effort to wear matching stuff, my bf notices.

where do you think they get new fashion tips?

most men don't give a hoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I would love to wear matching all the time but like someone else said , most of the nice bras i see dont have very nice knickers to go with, not really into some overly lacy ones, or the sheer ones, or thongs for everyday wear..

I usually end up buying a few pack in pennys and throwing them out when they start to fall apart..and buying more..

My boyfriend loves when i wear matching ones ntlbell. and he does notice!

I think i will go underwear shopping this weekend..

where is the best place to get measured??? got measured in debenhams before and i didnt think it was right.

where do you think they get new fashion tips?

most men don't give a hoot.

It's got nothing to do with fashion. Are you saying that a man is incapable of telling the difference between sexy underwear that matches and granny pants? And that they don't appreciate the sexy underwear and the effort made to look nice?

You might want to tell the entire lingerie industry they're wasting their time.

It's got nothing to do with fashion. Are you saying that a man is incapable of telling the difference between sexy underwear that matches and granny pants? And that they don't appreciate the sexy underwear and the effort made to look nice?

you said you didnt know nancy boys liked women in sexy gear i'm stating they do but not for unfing but for fashion tips, nevermind, irrelvant.

A woman either looks sexy in something or she doesn't

if a guy likes a woman in granny pants (some men do) then she's going to look sexy in granny pants to HIM regardless if she's wearing a MATCHING granny bra? lolz

as long as one looks sexy then it doesn't matter to (men) it might a bit to young boys.

i find it odd that your bf's both comment when you're wearing matching gear. this would lead me to believe, not that he thinks it's sexy but it's such a rare site he feels the need to comment.

i just don't see guys commenting on it for the sake of it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Its not just a choice between sexy and matching and grannypants! You can have nice undies that co-ordinate and are fairly sexy, not just obvious mis-matches. I've a pink/black leopard print bra that looks good with black brazillians, black thongs trimmed with pink ribbon that look good with a plain pink bra etc.

Its not just a choice between sexy and matching and grannypants! You can have nice undies that co-ordinate and are fairly sexy, not just obvious mis-matches. I've a pink/black leopard print bra that looks good with black brazillians, black thongs trimmed with pink ribbon that look good with a plain pink bra etc.

indeed, this was my point.

if it looks hawt, who gives a f*ck if it's a match or not.

i find it odd that your bf's both comment when you're wearing matching gear. this would lead me to believe, not that he thinks it's sexy but it's such a rare site he feels the need to comment.

:rolleyes:

If you're just going to flamebait and make personal remarks, ntlbell, I'm not going to bother arguing with you.

You know rightly that all I was saying is that men DO appreciate sexy underwear. Maybe you don't, but some men do. And that it's nice to make the effort for your partner. What is so reprehensible about that opinion?

I know! I'm just pointing out that men notice when you make an effort. Are you going to wear all that lovely sexy stuff for a day at the office? I wouldn't, I like to save my sexy stuff for special occasions. So there are going to be times when he sees me in everyday stuff, and thus comments and appreciates when I do wear the sexy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

if it looks hawt, who gives a f*ck if it's a match or not.

I do.

Not for my man, not in case I get run over by a bus. but for me.

I like to be matching; at the very least co-ordinated.

I'm very seldom not.

In fact my boyf got a shock when I once wore odd underwear, and there were mitigating circumstances for that occurence

People appreciate nice things regardless of their gender.

I don't think things have to match colourwise, but I think they look better if they do.

If the lingerie looks 'hawt' unmatching/co-ordinated, then how 'hawt' does it look matching?? Hotter I reckon; like finishing off a beemer with some epic alloys.

Certainly I feel better when my sexy underwear matches, as I am sure a lot of women do. To me it is the icing on the cake....they wouldn't make sets if it wasn't.

You don't wear a bra so you couldn't possibly understand:pac:

:rolleyes:

If you're just going to flamebait and make personal remarks, ntlbell, I'm not going to bother arguing with you.

You know rightly that all I was saying is that men DO appreciate sexy underwear. Maybe you don't, but some men do. And that it's nice to make the effort for your partner. What is so reprehensible about that opinion?

Huh? how I'm not making personal remarks at all, I'm stating that there might be an alternative reason for him "noticing" and this might be that it doesn't happen very often? reasonable assumption no? so :rolleyes::rolleyes: all you like

I know! I'm just pointing out that men notice when you make an effort. Are you going to wear all that lovely sexy stuff for a day at the office? I wouldn't, I like to save my sexy stuff for special occasions. So there are going to be times when he sees me in everyday stuff, and thus comments and appreciates when I do wear the sexy stuff.

how the hell is matching nickers and bra making an effort? if i wear matching socks for my woman is it making an effort?

"all that lovley sexy stuff" we're talking about matching the colour of one's knickers and bra's not getting into a gimp suit or something.

you're making a difference between everyday stuff and sexy stuff

this is not the issue

it's does it bloody match or not and does it matter

and no it doesn't!

from most _mens_ perspective.

• Advertisement

I do.

Not for my man, not in case I get run over by a bus. but for me.

I like to be matching; at the very least co-ordinated.

I'm very seldom not.

In fact my boyf got a shock when I once wore odd underwear, and there were mitigating circumstances for that occurence

People appreciate nice things regardless of their gender.

I don't think things have to match colourwise, but I think they look better if they do.

If the lingerie looks 'hawt' unmatching/co-ordinated, then how 'hawt' does it look matching?? Hotter I reckon; like finishing off a beemer with some epic alloys.

Certainly I feel better when my sexy underwear matches, as I am sure a lot of women do. To me it is the icing on the cake....they wouldn't make sets if it wasn't.

You don't wear a bra so you couldn't possibly understand:pac:

it might look a lot more unsexy matched maybe it might look boring etc

who knows

i'm not saying woman shouldn't wear matching gear i'm just saying most men don't really care less if it's the same colour or not if it looks good and it's sexy *shrug*

Advertisement