Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex and the city gave me this question

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

ntlbell wrote: »
    Huh? how I'm not making personal remarks at all, I'm stating that there might be an alternative reason for him "noticing" and this might be that it doesn't happen very often? reasonable assumption no? so :rolleyes::rolleyes: all you like

That's a personal remark and you know it. You're awfully good at treading that personal abuse line.

Not a reasonable assumption at all - a baseless assumption. I could wear matching underwear nine times out of ten and he could remark on it nine times out of ten.

how the hell is matching nickers and bra making an effort? if i wear matching socks for my woman is it making an effort?

Frilly fancy underwear is expensive and most often uncomfortable. So buying it, maintaining it, and wearing it, is making an effort.

you're making a difference between everyday stuff and sexy stuff

this is not the issue

it's does it bloody match or not and does it matter

and no it doesn't!

from most _mens_ perspective.

My _man_ is of a different perspective than you then, because he appreciates it. It matters to me and it matters to him.

EDIT: And when was the last time you were bra shopping anyway, ntlbell? You'll find that the "everyday" stuff comes in separates, plain white/black/nude bras and packets of pants. They're not designed to match. The matching sets are intended to be sexy and cute. So a matching set of underwear will be more sexy than everyday underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

shellyboo wrote: »
    That's a personal remark and you know it. You're awfully good at treading that personal abuse line.

Not a reasonable assumption at all - a baseless assumption. I could wear matching underwear nine times out of ten and he could remark on it nine times out of ten.

Well *I* find it most odd than a man comments every single time his womans gear happens to match! i'm an odd ball obviously.
    Frilly fancy underwear is expensive and most often uncomfortable. So buying it, maintaining it, and wearing it, is making an effort.

i don't see what this has to do with anything
    EDIT: And when was the last time you were bra shopping anyway, ntlbell? You'll find that the "everyday" stuff comes in separates, plain white/black/nude bras and packets of pants. They're not designed to match. The matching sets are intended to be sexy and cute. So a matching set of underwear will be more sexy than everyday underwear.

what has this got to do with anything?

and it was xmas some time but it's not something i do very often.

i find womens knickers ride me up the arse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Another thread which shows how different I am to your average woman then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I've honestly never noticed if a girl was wearing matching undies or not.

I must be one of the philistines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

mp1972 wrote: »
    Another thread which shows how different I am to your average woman then. :pac:

You are not the only one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

the only eye opener here is that some women don't wash their underwear often enough tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brown.Eyed.Girl

90% of the time my underwear doesn't match. I'd brought loads of underwear sets that have really cute bras but unfortunately have really horrible uncomfortable knickers/thongs. I kept the bras and threw the knickers away. I would wear matching underwear on a night out with a boyfriend (but only if it doesn't clash with whatever clothes I'm wearing).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you wear white trousers and a black top, you're stuck and have to mix it. I don't buy enough knickers to match my bras without washing them all the time, but I'll often wear a black bra and black knickers which look similar, but not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Certainly I feel better when my sexy underwear matches, as I am sure a lot of women do. To me it is the icing on the cake....they wouldn't make sets if it wasn't.

Nah, they just make sets because they know they can get more money out of us. :rolleyes:

Advertisement