Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you buy map packs for offline use?

Options
  • 10-03-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, I'd like to use the gps more but I tend to stay away from it to save my credit. Can you buy maps for different areas and use them without going online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

There's this one: http://www.xroadgps.com/Maps/GMapforiPhone/tabid/2463/Default.aspx

It's US only at the moment, but they say that Europe is coming in the first quarter of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Your should buy a data package, Google Maps on the iPhone is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just wondering, I'd like to use the gps more but I tend to stay away from it to save my credit. Can you buy maps for different areas and use them without going online?

If you have a Jailbroken Iphone you can download xPGS from Cydia, after you can select the area and download the maps you need for offline use, I think they use a bit of space.

Advertisement