Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year degree over 6 years

Options
  • 11-03-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

With semesterisation now would it be possible to do just 40 credits per year instead of 60 and accumulate your 240 credits over 6 years rather than 4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yes but you will have to pay for it and why would you do that, when you could have a masters in that length of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

A masters is no good to me. The qualification has to be an undergraduate degree for the teaching council. I would be paying for it anyway even over 4 years because it would be a second degree. So it's definitely yes? That's great news. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

What degree do you want to do.
    If it is an arts degree, you can do the normal Omnibus Arts degree as part-time during the day (DN023) or in the evening (DN022).
    If you do the evening, you sacrifice a lot of choice, as only certain subjects and only certain lectures are offered.
    The other colleges don't have a part-time degree, so I'm not sure if they offer it.

mdebets wrote: »
    What degree do you want to do.

science

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

pathway33 wrote: »
    A masters is no good to me. The qualification has to be an undergraduate degree for the teaching council. I would be paying for it anyway even over 4 years because it would be a second degree. So it's definitely yes? That's great news. Many thanks
    well dont take the word of a randomn stranger on a message board.........e-mail the sci programme office and check

Im in 3rd year sci and its great:D

Ive pmd you

• Advertisement

woop wrote: »
    well dont take the word of a randomn stranger on a message board.........:D

Ive pmd you

i'm very trusting :D . many thanks

Advertisement