Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least Favourite Character

Options
  • 11-03-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Ok, its been done. But this one has a poll!

Please vote even if you don't want to comment again.

Who is your least favourite character? 35 votes

Deanna Troi
    0%
    William T. Riker
    2%
    Deeper Blue 1 vote
    Dr. Crusher
    0%
    Guinan
    0%
    Q
    0%
    Wesley Crusher
    2%
    OpenYourEyes 1 vote
    Geordi La Forge
    25%
    KiithAuversGlacieralkevMagic Eight Ballheyjudebig bReg'stoyMetalDawg 9 votes
    Ben Sisko
    2%
    yogidc26 1 vote
    Julian Bashir
    5%
    SliceKTRIC 2 votes
    Quark
    0%
    Odo
    0%
    Ezri Dax
    0%
    Kai Winn
    0%
    Katherine Janeway
    5%
    Kintarō HattoriCookie_Monster 2 votes
    Chakotay
    8%
    Johnny StormpawrickNiska 3 votes
    7 of 9
    2%
    chopperbyrne 1 vote
    The Doctor
    2%
    Rawr 1 vote
    Kes
    0%
    Neelix
    8%
    Azhreideelitefuleightyfish 3 votes
    Jonathan Archer
    17%
    ArphaRimadellyPhotimusiknonstopnyarlothothepWEST 6 votes
    Malcolm Reed
    0%
    Phlox
    0%
    The Grand Nagus
    2%
    Carroller16 1 vote
    Lwaxanna Troi
    5%
    hot2defAmtmann 2 votes
    Other
    5%
    Pride FighterIvySlayer 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

there is no poll ya mad man

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

gsxr1 wrote: »
    there is no poll ya mad man

Look again and vote wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Jonathan Archer
    where's Polaski? This makes it much easier though, Neelix for most annoying character, makes Wesley tolerable by comparison.

where's Polaski?

Damn.

Other I guess, but please specify in a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

The Doctor
    Where's Naomi Wildeman?
    She's worse than most of these put together, even worse than 'The Boy'.

Although....with choices available, I pick Seven of Nine. As enjoyable as her catsuit was...her character just felt like a half-finished idea that they threw at the nearest actress who could fit said catsuit.

Also she had more to do with screwing up the Borg for me, than the Borg-queen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Geordi La Forge
    There is a 13 page thread ongoing atm...http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138115

But i voted for Wesley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Geordi La Forge
    Wesley Crusher in sesion one of TNG was unbearable!

The Doctor
    Wesley Crusher in sesion one of TNG was unbearable!

It's that mad rainbow-shirt he wore in the first season...it induces rage:D
    I had dubbed it: 'Wesley's Technicolour Dreamcoat' :pac:

Geordi La Forge
    Rawr wrote: »
    It's that mad rainbow-shirt he wore in the first season...it induces rage:D
    I had dubbed it: 'Wesley's Technicolour Dreamcoat' :pac:

I was thinking about that very same shirt when typing my last post.. go figure.
    The wardrobe designer should be shot for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Data: the character took over the show. I am sorry but if I want to have a story about a creature who wants to be "A real boy" then I'll watch pinnochio.
    Also, I always found it very narcissistic to think that humanity was the pinnicle of social development

• Advertisement

Geordi La Forge
    Data: the character took over the show. I am sorry but if I want to have a story about a creature who wants to be "A real boy" then I'll watch pinnochio.
    Also, I always found it very narcissistic to think that humanity was the pinnicle of social development

Data episodes were some of my favorite TNG shows.
    'Brothers' being a great example, But I do get what your saying.

Data episodes were some of my favorite TNG shows.
    'Brothers' being a great example, But I do get what your saying.

Liked Data.

Hated "Brothers".

Dislike most of TNGs later (season 6 and 7) 2 part episodes. The time travelling one with the aliens with the serpant stick was woeful. But I digress.

Jonathan Archer
    Brothers was the one Data killed his brother? I thought that was really cold, kinda tied back into the subtext that Data was a sociopathic machine.

I quite liked that nonsensical time travel episode, especially due to the filter they shot in. Gave it a nice blurry 1993 Star Trek 2 parter episode we're filming outside on a midsummers day feel to it.

Season 7 was very hokey though. I liked the one where Worf goes into alternate universes and only data spouts deus ex machina techno babble along the lines of "we need a sub matrix tachyon polarization beam to create a static warp shell which will open up a subspace continuum micro fissure, this should enable Worf to cross back into his universe. eg Riker: "ok do it" /Worf: "I understand"=we don't understand anything you've just said but just go ahead anyway so the episode can end.

Geordi La Forge
    I didn't think Season 7 was all that bad.
    "Lower Decks" and "Genesis" are other favorites of mine.

Geordi La Forge
    oh and here's the wiki link to the "brothers" episode.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_(TNG_episode)

Brent Spiner played Data, Lore and Soong and carried the entire episode, fair play.

Jonathan Archer
    ah that one where Data totally owns the enterprise crew

Jonathan Archer

Lower decks was fine but you just knew she was going to die because the mission started 45 minutes into the episode.

Is Lower Decks the one with Ensign Sato and the junior officers? That was a great episode!

The Doctor
    Here's another one that should be up there on the list:
    Vic Fontaine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Chakotay
    I liked the one where Worf goes into alternate universes and only data spouts deus ex machina techno babble along the lines of "we need a sub matrix tachyon polarization beam to create a static warp shell which will open up a subspace continuum micro fissure, this should enable Worf to cross back into his universe. eg Riker: "ok do it" /Worf: "I understand"=we don't understand anything you've just said but just go ahead anyway so the episode can end.

Me too! One of the very best ever moments in Trek is in that ep ("Parallels") when they're sending all the alternative Enterprises back to their own universes, there's a disheveled version of Riker from a universe where the then still scary Borg have overrun everything. "I won't go!" he whinges. I love it. :)

• Advertisement

The Doctor
    Me too! One of the very best ever moments in Trek is in that ep ("Parallels") when they're sending all the alternative Enterprises back to their own universes, there's a disheveled version of Riker from a universe where the then still scary Borg have overrun everything. "I won't go!" he whinges. I love it. :)

That little scene is one of my personal favourites too. It managed to reinforce the fear-factor of the Borg without them even being there.

Riker's in bits, it looks like it's just him and Worf left on the bridge. Essentially the Year of Hell, except with Borg in what was Federation Space. It's one of those what-ifs that I would have loved to have seen played out. A series like this with some survivors just hanging on while the Borg engulf the Federation, would have been good viewing in my opinion. Pretty much what VOY season 4 should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Polaski

Jonathan Archer
    That little scene is one of my personal favourites too. It managed to reinforce the fear-factor of the Borg without them even being there.

Riker's in bits, it looks like it's just him and Worf left on the bridge. Essentially the Year of Hell, except with Borg in what was Federation Space. It's one of those what-ifs that I would have loved to have seen played out. A series like this with some survivors just hanging on while the Borg engulf the Federation, would have been good viewing in my opinion. Pretty much what VOY season 4 should have been.

What makes that scene really good imo, is the contrast. Riker is meant to be assured, calm, self confident, yet with the outcome of events in this universe he's totally spazzing it. Makes the hypothetical scenario much scarier as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Chakotay
    I had to go a bit lo-tech for this one:

3350770401_bab0b984cf.jpg

Riker_gone_mad.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I can not understand why no other of the, then, thousands of Enterprises could not say.

"Come here Riker, kid. All you have to do is send them to sleep"
    Thus saying an alternative reality from assimilation.

Geordi La Forge

Until VOY ruined them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Geordi La Forge
    I voted for the boy.

As annoying as Neelix was, I'd take an hour of him rather than 10 seconds of the boy.

big b wrote: »
    I voted for the boy.

As annoying as Neelix was, I'd take an hour of him rather than 10 seconds of the boy.

Er, I liked Wes. Late Wes, not season 1 Wes. Am I abnormal?

The Doctor
    Svalbard wrote: »

Hmmmm.....not abnormal......very forgiving of you I would guess....?

He was a little ok in the later episodes, mainly due to the fact he was often side-lined to a handful of lines from his helm-post. Then later on, he wasn't even a crew member...he was then just a cadet...a student, which he really should have been from day one.

The episode where he's in the academy with Tom Paris (yes I know he plays a different character here, but he is the same dick here as he is in VOY....and the He-Man movie:D), was actually pretty damned good...and it was a Wes-fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Geordi La Forge
    Svalbard wrote: »

I don't know, but you certainly have unusual tastes! :D

By the way, who voted for Troi? :eek:

( a woman, I bet!)

Advertisement